Oz Volvo Nationals 8-10 November - register today! ozvolvo.org/nationals

Wino's things

124»

Comments

• And the 205 fouled it's plugs today... Something A/F related no doubt.... no idea where to start looking though!

is it carbed or injected?
  • Single point Magnetti Marelli injection
  • Ah the best kind..

Wait it's French, reckon it's got a crappy ground.
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.
    And the 205 fouled it's plugs today... Something A/F related no doubt.... no idea where to start looking though!

Rev tune!
    Vee_Que
  • edited August 2018
    Done that :(

Of course there is no simple ECU read out either...

I took the battery out and put it on my new C-TEK, so that'll reset the ECU... maaaaaybe it's learnt bad habits due to exhaust hole? Only "change" i've made recently is replacing the swiss cheese mid-pipe with a new one.

That or a bung...

What's wrong with a simple "ground wire X and read the dash light code" goddamnit
    Vee_Que
  • New leads, coil, air filter and ECU temp sensor (different to the guage one) ordered.

Can't diagnose it? Throw parts at it!

These are all shity 25 year old parts I wanted to replace anyway.
    bowieVee_Que

No oxygen sensor?
  • New leads, coil, air filter and ECU temp sensor (different to the guage one) ordered.

FPR too just because?

No oxygen sensor?

Replaced... 6 weeks ago
    New leads, coil, air filter and ECU temp sensor (different to the guage one) ordered.

FPR too just because?

Hmm I should... will put it on the next list if these parts don’t fix it
  • So it was leaking from the gasket around the water pump.... pulled it all down again, put it back together again...

It also has a vacuum leak due to shitty old oil pipes. I am waiting on the last one to arrive to the dealer and then @timbo will probably be fitting them when he is tasked with fixing the slowly leaking sump plug...

I don't have any pictures of it, so here's one of the Thruxton.

FtO203W.jpg
    bgpzfm142
  • edited September 10

So I haven't actually touched a car in like 6 months. Like, at all.

I did go racing on my motorcycle though, so there's that

what's the go with posting images? it shouldn't be this hard/confusing... have imgur changed something? what is this "share" bullshit?

Spac
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.

Racing or track day?

• edited September 10

track day heh, racing on my bike would be a bit of an exercise in futility

was invited by triumph australia

did round up a few of the more novice riders on daytonas and street triples, but as i was the only person there on an air cooled bike yeah it was just a bit of fun more than anything serious

even though i was 20hp+ down on power, that wasn't my issue at all. it was the brakes. by lap 4 or 5 the front was totally cooked, so had to start braking before the start/finish line down the main straight just to have any hope in hell of not ending up in the back wall

Spacnugget_940
  • @Wino

Every time I look at your helmet I wonder where the rest of your space suit from 2001 is

• I need a new helmet, this ones on 5 years old and the liner is falling out.

Maybe white next time for next level space suit?