Al's XC90

Comments

• bigalbigal (@bigal) Tasmania
    edited February 2018
    Due to a spider incident I had to go shopping for a replacement bonnet. I drove down south yesterday morning and collected this for $250.. bargin.

ws10lAb.jpg

0XEU7LB.jpg

The bonnet is now at the bodyworks (http://presnellbodyworks.com.au). I've opted for a strip and paint rather than go over the top.. getting it done properly. These guys are certified Volvo repairers too.. bonus.

And a pic of the XC on a coffee stop..

y50Be8D.jpg

More about the spider incident..
    https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/8169/xc90-bonnet-needed/p1
    bgpzfm142Vee_Que
  • Got yer bonnet back yet??
  • Nope still waiting. Bonnet painted. I called yesterday and had a word.. it's painted and will be fitted next week.

My new fuel sender unit arrived from fcp and is installed.
    edited March 2018
    Well I've been a bit quiet lately. I've had an expensive few weeks on the XC90 which has just sucked.. didn't want to talk about it. But I'm over it now and laughing.

The latest tally is $1,744.19

2nd-hand bonnet
    Fuel Pump (which I didn't need in the end! doh!)
    FCPEuro order - Fuel Sender unit and extra o-rings
    Mechanic's time
    A new battery (My Varta just decided to pack it in and leak battery acid.. great timing!)
    Registration renewal

Immediate expenses to go..

Bonnet respray and fit which is happening tomorrow.
    Insurance due in 2 days.

I should be at about 2.5k by the time this is over.

What I've learnt.. Buy a Kia next time.
    edited March 2018
    On the plus side - My XC90 has gained some horsepower with the removal of the middle seats! Tempted to leave them out. They are staying out for a good week while I monitor the fuel pump and sender unit for leaks.
  • edited March 2018
    Lots of room back there with the seats out! I share your pain....v50 back 3 days after 6k repair when clipped by anouther car in an errant low speed manouver. Seriously this car has had every door and bumper resprayed and 2 wheels replaced due to errant driving by others ovet 5 years.

I expect mobile phone use in majority of cases..
    edited March 2018
    oh dear! what's with volvo's and damage lately.. I seem to know many people now that are having them smacked about.

Yes, I agree - mobile phones.. and spiders!
    Ex850R
  • Seriously this car has had every door and bumper resprayed and 2 wheels replaced due to errant driving by others over 5 years.

I love a good battle car story. I'm especially drawn to stories of high millage ones but their owners haven't given up on them.. they've kept them going.. they still wash and polish them even though their clear coats are half destroyed.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    ueL8Yzjh.jpg
    Mark bought it, of course.
    Air conditioning in the front seats, dvd in headrests, really good, albeit beige seats and funky door card colours with dark wood.
    I want bits...
    VvDAnJch.jpg
    q0aYi69h.png
    XQbvFCCh.jpg
    Vee_Que
  • Seriously this car has had every door and bumper resprayed and 2 wheels replaced due to errant driving by others over 5 years.

I love a good battle car story. I'm especially drawn to stories of high millage ones but their owners haven't given up on them.. they've kept them going.. they still wash and polish them even though their clear coats are half destroyed.

Were only at 80k and with all the worl it keeps looking like new :) not really a battle car just seems to attract contact with mazdas and toyotas......
  • Good news - XC90 has the replacement bonnet on and I'm happy with it.

Bad news - Still a bit of a fuel stench going on and is coming from the fuel pump side this time. Bone dry around the fuel sender. Mechanic coming over tonight to fit the new pump.

I really like this vehicle but I'm not very trusting of this fuel setup.. It's making me uneasy. Might be time to sell, pay out a credit card, drive a cheap japanese buzz box to work and do my trailer tip runs with my 145. If anyone is interested then let me know.

lyXsXnS.jpg

Inmo1Lx.jpg

esc7whe.jpg
    You got my interest, tell me things I like.
    edited March 2018
    Well.. 0-100 in 2 seconds. Flux capacitor. You name it.. it's got it! :-)

PM sent
  • Time for an ASX!

egads
    Time for an ASX!

Many minutes on the floor in tears, thanks for that jolyment!
    egads
  • Haven't been on here or any other car forums for a while..

The xc nine zero is goin ok.. immediate things to do:

Put the interior back together after the new fuel sender, fuel pump and o-rings. Left it apart for a couple of reasons - make sure it's 100% leak free which appears to be the case. Paid for a smoke pressure test. Why? Well still an odd smell in the cabin only noticeabe after it's been raining at night. I can't work it out. Maybe mouldy blocked sunroof drain? Just mysterious. The smell isn't an obvious fuel smell but kinda funky/gassy.

Radiator has developed an awesome leak. Waiting on a new one to arrive any day now.

That's about it for now.
  • XC90 now has a new radiator fitted. I couldn't find the motivation to do it myself so supported the local economy and had it fitted professionally. Very happy with their work.

Oil and filter change due next week and need to fix some lights that have blown.

Xc is going well. Had an aching back lately and driving the kia for a day didn't help. When I got the xc back I realised how good it is.. soft suspension and super comfy seats made my aches go away. Luxury!
    bgpzfm142Jamest5r_gavinh
    edited August 2018
    Oil and filter changed last week. Got about 176,000kms on er now. She's goin well however have an issue to sort - the 2 brake lights don't appear to be working but the middle top brake light is. Looks to be a common problem with the relay so will swap it out with the fog light relay and see if that sorts it.

Planning to put my interior back together this weekend. Driving around with no middle row seats is getting silly.

Front left tyre is pretty worn now so will have to do both fronts very soon.

Average fuel economy at moment is 11.4L/100kms.
    Ex850Rkwahodi
    edited August 2018
    @pauljloz @pastry When you guys open your fuel cap, do you get that 'Shhhhh' sound which indicates your fuel tank and pipes have been holding pressure? I don't. Wondering if it's normal or not.

I'm not completely convinced my tank is 100% sealed. Can't see any evidence of leaks at all from the Fuel Sender or Fuel Pump.. It's all bone dry. Every now and then if I sniff hard down the access panels I kinda get a smell of something very faint but not convinced it's coming from the new gear. There is sludge in some parts of that under fuel tank protective panel which I think captured gunk and crap when I cleaned the top of the tank with degreaser and it could be wofting up. Anyway, interested to know if your fuel cap releases pressure when you open it. Thanks.