XC60 [NSW] TRYING TO FIND VCC RBS0-2AE 0W-20 FOR XC60

edited June 9 in General

Hi, a newbie here :)

I wanted to change engine oil for my MY21 XC60, but since this is an elective oil swap between regular services I wanted to save some money and take it to a local mechanic rather than a dealer.

Ideally I was hoping to buy the engine oil and take them to the mechanic so that I can use one that meets VCC RBS0-2AE 0W-20 specification, but I have't had any luck finding someone who stock any oil that meets this particular spec.

I live in Sydney

Does anyone have any advise on where I can find a shop or a mechanic that stock this?

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

I would shine like earlier Volvo from 203 or so onwards you are going to need to get into the cars computer to reset the oil level or count as they call it. If your garage hasn't got Volvo specific diagnostic machine and Volvo software (all very expensive) then you can't do it.

I'd imagine if you had an oil related failure they will know you did your own oil as well as it will show in the system.

CaptAhn
  • Available at any Repco store, one of the only local oils with the Volvo rating

egads
  • Hi,

A couple of years ago i was looking for the same spec oil for my 2014 V60 Drive E. I found the Castrol oil which is recommended by Volvo. I bought a 20L drum for $264 picked up from Green Goanna in Clyde (near Rosehill Racecourse)

• Merged the two threads @jamesinc

jamesinc
  • Thanks all, is it risky to try change it myself as I have MY21 T5 that does not have a dip stick? Would most local mechanics be able to do it?

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Local mechanic may well not want to touch it , they get scared.

Plus they don't have Volvo specific scan tool.

• Why are you intent on avoiding taking the car to the dealer for service

• edited June 11

He mentioned he wants an intermediate oil change between the 15k services

• Go to the dealer and ask for an in between oil change

Severe use/heavy duty driving/dusty conditions warrants a service before 15,000, just like the owners manual tells