Where can I find parts which are Right Hand Side?

RomerJon17Ansett Driver (@RomerJon17) Frankston, Melbourne
edited December 7 in Wanted
I have a Volvo 740 GL 1989 and I'm looking for RHS dash cap.
Is there any Volvo site I can find fit for Volvo Right Hand Driver Side?

Thanks everyone. :)
KtQ2mWC.png
RomerJon17 Productions | Volvo 740 GL 1989 Project

Comments

• Angus242164Angus (@Angus242164) Western Victoria
    I have one in red and one in tan, in Victoria.
    I have over 300 parts for sale to suit 100, 200, 700 and 900 series Volvo's, for more info see: http://zyrex.org/gallery/Cars/acw/volvoparts/
    Updated April 21st 2016
    RomerJon17
  • How's the condition on the dash panels because mine has major cracks from the Aussie weather.
    I've seen a load of LHD Volvo Dash Panels will Not Crack Under Extreme Temperatures. :/

My dash panel is black, maybe I could spray paint it to black with tan or maybe match the colour with TAN. Oh well..
  • Talk to Ian at Dashboard Recovering Services in Mulgrave (Sydney - yeah, I know, but I'll still be sending him dashes even now I'm is Tassie, because his work is so good and reasonably priced).

I was quoted about $280 to re-do a 740 dashboard a long time ago. Ian used to do the dashboards in LHD to RHD conversions back in the day, and all his work is A1 and looks factory brand new.

Dashboard Recovering Services
    Unit 3/ 4 Cunneen Street
    Mulgrave NSW 2756
    0409 171 165
    1LQhVAhm.png
    71 1800E |73 144 |74 142 |74 145 |79 242GT |88 780 |93 945T |93 945|2010 S80 V8
    RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17Ansett Driver (@RomerJon17) Frankston, Melbourne
    edited December 7
    Talk to Ian at Dashboard Recovering Services in Mulgrave (Sydney - yeah, I know, but I'll still be sending him dashes even now I'm is Tassie, because his work is so good and reasonably priced).

I was quoted about $280 to re-do a 740 dashboard a long time ago. Ian used to do the dashboards in LHD to RHD conversions back in the day, and all his work is A1 and looks factory brand new.

Dashboard Recovering Services
    Unit 3/ 4 Cunneen Street
    Mulgrave NSW 2756
    0409 171 165
    I'm curious if I order a part from USA or Europe LHD, deliver the dashboard recovering services, convert LHD to RHD and deliver it to me. If he still does conversion looks pretty possible.
    I'm from Victoria and my dad would be very pissed if I drive all the way to Sydney for only one part!
    ==============
    I've found Dashboard Doctor Repair in Victoria and they do carpet restoration for custom vehicles. I'll possibly start the project until end of September 2019 when I have a full licence. :)
  • I'm curious if I order a part from USA or Europe LHD, deliver the dashboard recovering services, convert LHD to RHD and deliver it to me. If he still does conversion looks pretty possible.

Yeah, you could spend $1500 to $2K to do that.

Or you can order a brand new (or NOS) black RHD 740 dash top aka 'dashboard upper' direct from www.gcp.se, it's p/n 3527336-6** and it will set you back 4,150 SEK, which is roughly about $650 AUD + GST at time of posting. Plus shipping. For an oversized item. Which ain't cheap from Sweden. Guess how I know this. :D

Or spend about $350 and 2 cases of beer to grab an old dashboard from a wreck, send it to Sydney via Oz Volvo Bruce Logistics, get Ian to do the work, and Bruce Logistics to get it back.

I know what I'd be doing.

** that part no. is presuming up to YM 1990 740.
    RomerJon17