The forums were recently upgraded, and this may alter behavior or break things. If you notice problems, check and report them in this thread

Volvo Club of Victoria DYNO day

Saturday, 20 October 2018
iceton1975POM (MARK) (@iceton1975) Broadmeadows Victoria
This Saturday we are having a VOLVO dyno day at Melbourne Performance Centre at 22 Research drive Croydon 3163 $50 a car AWD , FWD, RWD call me for any other details starts at 9 30 max 30 cars.0434897144

Comments

• AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
    edited October 2018
    I was keen but I'm addressing a drivehaft solution before any dyno days or more serious events, etc.
    Ex850R
  • @AshDVS we talking upgraded shafts? A mate and I will take a set each
  • AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
    @AshDVS we talking upgraded shafts? A mate and I will take a set each

Yes.
    I can source the Dreamscience heavy duty/motorsport units as well but will have them made up locally instead, using genuine Ford/Volvo cores.
    We have a good contact for driveshafts we've been using for years. I had a chat about it last week around how they fail or prematurely wear, so they're confident they can build something with uprated outer bearing and join/knuckle that will last a lot longer.

I've got to source some used genuine shafts first and will then hand them over to be done.
    Assuming, I'm happy with what comes back, my originals can serve as cores for changeover, etc.
    timboegads
  • Will anyone make more than 500kw?
    Ghettobird
  • There were a few cars there making around the old 500kw ;)

Wtacuwwh.jpg

Although none of the Volvos that dynoed did.
    timboegads
  • So who won the prize for the lowest power numbers?
  • GhettobirdJulian (@Ghettobird) Melbourne - SE Suburbs
    I think there were a few stocker 240/740s that were pretty low

Wishing I had taken the 240 instead of the Polstar,

For anyone who was kinda thinking about going but didnt bother in the end, you genuinely missed out.
    This workshop alone was almost worth the 50$ to walk around in for the day.

Props to @iceton1975 for organising such a good day, hope for a much better turnout next time

aXW8NnCh.jpg

timbobgpzfm142