2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

Tyre suggestions

Wanting opinions and suggestions for tyres. I have potenza re001's on there at the moment but they are well overdue for replacement. My local tyre shop recommended:
Potenza Re002
Goodyear eagle f1 directional 5
Pirelli p1 cinturato

Any suggestions from you guys? Will be fitted to a 240. Price limit is $200 per tyre

Comments

• A_Volvo_DriverScott (@A_Volvo_Driver) Victoria, The Revenue State
    I have Falken's on mine. I'm very happy with them. When I get out of bed I'll go outside and scribble down some specifics for you.
  • I can't remember what it was but they recommended against falkens for some reason (they had them in stock and everything). They were about $165 each or something as well which was on the cheaper end which is awesome. I think they said the sidewall was really soft or something so they grip really well but don't last long but not too sure. I got about 55,000kms from my current tyres, not sure whether that's good or not...
  • volvodrivermanvolvodriverman (@volvodriverman) Barringwood Estate, Tasmania
    I can suggest NEVER buying something called blue streaks, they're on the 740t and don't work at all in the wet, I'm talking dead flat rd, in 5th, 80kph, punch it & wheel spin...they're the work of the fricken devil!
  • Great burnout tyre and nothing else the bluestreak!
  • A_Volvo_DriverScott (@A_Volvo_Driver) Victoria, The Revenue State
    I'm running Falken Ziex ZE912 - 205/55/R15 on my car
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    OVATION V388 , won choice tyre test of 16" tyres against all better known brands. GT Radial even rated better than others.
    I can get 205/50/16 from my local Tyrepower for $105 for Ovation.
    Cant do better than that! Beats all by price and rated by choice.
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    I've seen the chart, they rated the best for cost, others rated better overall when cost wasn't counted...
    Thats what i said.

Did you read the rest of the chart?

I did.

Thats why i would buy and recommend them.
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3s if you get the right size the price goes down.
  • Bluestreaks haha. My old man has them on his ute (2.6L Rodeo auto petrol with nearly 400k on it) and it will rag them absolutely everywhere in the wet. I get worried about getting pulled over because I can't drive anywhere without lighting them up haha.