Oz Volvo Nationals 8-10 November - register today! ozvolvo.org/nationals

Tim's RA65

edited August 2018 in Non-Volvo
Just finished this Celica I picked up in time for Canberra's annual All Japanese car and bike show. Thanks to @Vee_Que for picking up the rear spoiler and dropping it off to @iceton1975 for delivery. Im sure he will approve of what I've done with the car
O9ggAZOh.jpg
xNUmFAvh.jpg
Re1tcVah.jpg

-AJPS KE70 front coil overs with 40mm RCA's
-15x10 -12 superlites with 225/50/15
-steel overfenders
-chopped Torana Springs in the rear with HQ shocks
-rattle can panda paint job

My mates Datsun 260z that I helped him build won the best classic category.
150ish rwkw L28 race motor with stainless headers/3" exhaust/triple Webber's/custom coil overs/Watanabe in 16x9/fresh LSD 4.4 diff/ R32 front and Silvia rear disc brake upgrade
Q18twZCh.jpg
UawZx0eh.jpg
eNjpgKPh.jpg

bowieVee_Que240nugget_940Klaptrap24Jamest5r_iceton1975jamesincAshDVSDauntlessand 4 others.

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Classic shape!
    timboiceton1975
  • Agreed The toughest Celica shape there is :P

I've always wanted one, or the Supra from the same period.
    timboEx850Rpieboyfresh
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    My favourite Celica are the ra28, I forgot that these ones went irs though. Same as the corona iirc?
    timbo
  • Yeah actually planning to do a corona rear disc brake upgrade and LSD down the track in preparation for an engine swap when the Amazon is complete.
    There where 2 pretty neat ra28's at the show with 1/2jz swaps, but people are charging crack money for the early Celicas. I found this in a guy's front yard when visiting a mate and picked it up for $500
    Vee_QueSpac
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    My mate had one that was rusty through and through, so it sold on 2015 for $3000 on eBay when in 2013 there was no interest at $1000!
    timboEx850R
  • Champion!

And yes they are "cool" again now and worth proper coin it seems.
    timboiceton1975
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.
    Greyhound track or EPIC?
  • Epic this year where they usually do shannons cars and coffee
    iceton1975Spac
  • superlites look amazing
    timboXs4Eyes
  • iceton1975POM (MARK) (@iceton1975) Broadmeadows Victoria
    Swop for 144 with lots of rust
    Ex850RtimboKlaptrap24
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    Man I'm sad I didn't end up having a chance to come check them out
    timbo
  • AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
    @timbo you MUST bring this to the OzVolvo Nats. Or at the very least, lets grab a coffee over that weekend so I can ogle it!
    :+1:
    egadsKlaptrap24timbojamesinc
  • Nice car, Tim. I love the old Celicas. The wheels look awesome.
    timbo
  • Hit a big roo last night
    Damage is relatively minor have already organised another headlight and indicator

DuXZ1TQh.jpg
    RcBcBRph.jpg
  • Wow mate, you got off lightly.
    timbo
  • Yeah actually planning to do a corona rear disc brake upgrade and LSD down the track in preparation for an engine swap when the Amazon is complete.
    There where 2 pretty neat ra28's at the show with 1/2jz swaps, but people are charging crack money for the early Celicas. I found this in a guy's front yard when visiting a mate and picked it up for $500

Engine swap? Tell me more!
  • @Xs4Eyes I have a forged gen 2 3sgte that I built a couple of years ago currently sitting in my half finished SW20 2000GT replica (exgf is sick of it sitting in her garage, @T3rrorbyt3s Amazon is taking up my immovable project car spot at work)
    It's a relatively straightforward swap into the Celica so if I have to abandon the MR2 I'll sell off everything bar the long motor and throw it into this.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    I see old guy driving one of 2 old ones he has, the original shape? A yell and a silver, both a bit ratty, he must love em. His house is a bit ratty too. I must ask him one day. I fear he will keep them to be buried in!
  • I have heard the 2nd gen. (RA40) described as looking 'like a clown shoe'.
  • @Xs4Eyes I used to agree with you but you just chuck over fenders on an unloved Celica model and bam!

BhYIqvsh.jpg
    Xs4EyesEx850R