E.O.I - Volvo Gathering in Coffs Harbour

Thursday, 7 June 2018
RaebirdRaebird (@Raebird) Springfield Lakes, Qld.
I have been working on an event which would be held in Coffs Harbour (Actually Raleigh), the idea is for it to be held every other year between the Volvo clubs of Australia national rallies, so once every two years.
The location was chosen due to it being basically halfway between Brisbane & Sydney, hopefully enabling a lot of people to attend.
It will be a two day weekend event incorporating a show & shine, track events & camping onsite.
The cost would be around the $150-$160 mark, this would include entry to all events and camping for the weekend, there will likely be a spectator fee (TBA) also for those who want to attend but not do any events.
This post is to generate/gauge interest, the event could only go ahead if there is enough interest as this all costs money naturally, I’m not looking to make a profit just cover the outlay to get everyone together and have a good time.
There is a possibility that this could end up being a sunshine state volvo club (SSVC) hosted event, however if it is decided that the club doesn’t want to be the host then I have every intention of hosting it myself, but there must be a good amount of interest for it to go ahead either way.
Please use this thread to ask any questions you may have, give any suggestions or just to register your interest.
ALVO360

Comments

• I'd be down.

Though I think 3 national level volvo show n shine's are a little too many, I would participate for the track stuff. It would be cool to have a Volvo focus'd one. What kind of track event would you organise? And what track is down that way?
  • RaebirdRaebird (@Raebird) Springfield Lakes, Qld.
    I'd be down.

Though I think 3 national level volvo show n shine's are a little too many, I would participate for the track stuff. It would be cool to have a Volvo focus'd one. What kind of track event would you organise? And what track is down that way?

Track is called Raleigh Raceway, it is a go kart track that regularly hold automotive focused events.
    The show and shine would be very casual, along with the whole event, I just want it to be a good time for everyone to enjoy their cars.
    There are a few options for the track events including drifting (which is my jam), go to whoa, timed laps and also parade laps.
  • edited June 2018
    Hmm, drifting isn't really my jam so count me out if that is the case (I'd still watch), and it would also exclude the fwd guys. Though I'm sure you have this and other considerations to work through. I'm interested to see what becomes of this.
    Raebird
    Drifting would only be one of the track event components, it will not be a drifting only event, I want to give everyone the opportunity to get out on track, there will be plenty of time to run more than one track based event.
    ALVO360

I have been trying my best to get this off the ground, but am not getting a lot of support thus far, I am still working on trying to get it to happen but thought I’d revive this thread to try and generate some more interest again. Let me know your thoughts, positive or negative, it seems everyone wants to talk about doing track events but not support it when an event gets created like what this could be. I want to know why you would or wouldn’t attend such an event.

• Coffs is 800kms away from me. I'd love to do a track day/meet day, but the distance is far too great.

If it were closer, the only other factor would be timing and cost.

It may just be a "Book it in and people will come" situation, but I'm sure that's not ideal from an organisers perspective...

Raebird
  • I can't commit to anything at the moment sorry.

Raebird
  • Raleigh is great and with the highway upgrade it's really not that far. If my wagon is done I'll be there for sure

Raebird

Good to see a little more interest this time, but still need more! Tell me what you would want to see/do at this type of event...

• I’m definitely interested I drift up there all the time

Raebird

Nice one! Drifting would only be one part of this event, but hopefully will be able to offer plenty of track time...

• Don't know if this event is happening or not, but I'd be keen @Raebird. Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd definitely be there in my 240.

That’s great to hear! It is still early days yet, but we are slowly gaining support from people who would attend.

joshhhhhhugo