[SOLD] Bilstein B14 coilover kit - Volvo P1 C30/S40/V50

AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
edited May 22 in For sale
Complete Bilstein B14 coilover kit for Volvo P1 C30/S40/V50*
Complete front coilovers with, near new oem strut mounts and bearings.
Rear shocks, springs and adjustable perches.
Ride height adjustable only.

* Bilstein market the kit as suitable for FWD and AWD models, though rear spring rate is a better fit for FWD cars.

4k kms from new.

$750.00 (new price is $1490.00) plus freight.

If you have a P1 C70, rear springs in the kit are not suitable, though we can swap the rear springs for a pair of Heico or Eibach springs at no cost.
Likes good coffee & motorsport. Builds stuff. Occasionally races stuff.
f: https://www.facebook.com/DvsPerformanceParts
twitter & instagram: ashd61 | w: http://www.dvs.net.au

Comments

• Dam that's a good price

Is there any difference in spring rate between these and the b16 kit? I'm assuming the b16 are (shock) adjustable where as b14 are not
    I think you need to add i was in an s80 with three wheels getting pulled backwards and was told to "hold on shit is about to get real".
    AshDVS
  • AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
    Spring is the same, the B16 kit is simply bundled with a better (adjustable shock).
  • Spring is the same, the B16 kit is simply bundled with a better (adjustable shock).

Yeah.... I somehow think my mom would be totally unimpressed if I "Upgraded" her "soft riding" C30....
    Still stupid tempting though....
    Vee_Que
    edited May 14
    It'd be a better ride in the C30 than it would be in your AWD S40 or an AWD V50, but it's still a firm riding kit.
  • Are the rates in these daily able? Or at least shocks are and common springs?
    They are firm, no doubt, but I would not have an issue doing daily normal commuting with them.
  • bowieDan (@bowie) Sydney
    edited May 16
    ah timing!

The dampeners on my S40 always struggled against the King springs the previous owner installed. 200,000km later and it's bouncy like a jumping castle and starting to bottom out against random clips and trim in the wheel well.

Sorry to use you for random shop advice, is there any clearance issues I should keep in mind re offset and wheels? Again previous owner installed some 17's and and 225's

Put me down as 1st reserve! (If they are still here next month, next pay cycle I'll get you some coin.. unless a hundred will hold them "shrugs")
    Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4
    Playing: 1971 R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car
    Previous: Bunch of Peugeot's 504ti, 505sti, 405mi16
    Hey Dan is your S40 a 1997-2003 model?
    If so these wont be relevant anyway.

If it's the later shape, on the P1, platform then they will.
    If its a P1 car, 225 is about as wide as you can go without clearance issues and you cant really go wider than an 8" wide wheel with around ET45 or so.
    235 wide tyre on 8.5" wide rim and ET40 will require some consideration around ride heights.
  • Ah. Yes sorry early S40 owner here (99)

But now I know you are a shop I'll get in contact later and sort my old suspension out.

Cheers.
    AshDVS
    No worries at all.
  • How much lower would the ride height be on a C30 @AshDVS Very interested but I have to find a setup that wont go too low as I barely clear my sloping driveway now standard.
    As ride height is adjustable, you'd be able to go as much as 70mm lower than stock, depending on your factory suspension package and minimum drop would be around 10-15mm from standard.
    Dean
  • As ride height is adjustable, you'd be able to go as much as 70mm lower than stock, depending on your factory suspension package and minimum drop would be around 10-15mm from standard.

I think it's more like 25mm after settling
    With the AWD cars, thats quite likely, particularly in the rear.
    Minimum ride height drop on FWD will be less.
  • With the AWD cars, thats quite likely, particularly in the rear.
    Minimum ride height drop on FWD will be less.

I've got a B16 kit in a non AWD P1 as well and its for sure 25mm drop after settling,
    on the AWD... the rear dropped near 60mm with the rear set on high and the front was near the same

Im still amazed no one has bought this kit yet....
    I am too, a little - its about $100 more than a set of normal lowering springs.
  • Yes mental. this is a sh1t hot bargain ya'll! Someone sell me a P1 chassis so I can buy these next month :P
  • If I had the cash on me, I would've bought it on Monday. But just booked flights to Japan for the end of the year so I'm basically flat broke, haha.
    If they're still here when I have the $800~ I'll pull the trigger, no question.
    If I had the cash on me, I would've bought it on Monday. But just booked flights to Japan for the end of the year so I'm basically flat broke, haha.
    If they're still here when I have the $800~ I'll pull the trigger, no question.

Not to worry, we can put together a new solution for you - whether that be a Bilstein or GAZ coilover setup, an Eibach, H&R springs arrangement with a variety of shock options, etc, etc.
    We often take trade-ins when our other customers decide to go to something more serious as well, so if you're considering or interested in a used option, it's worth checking in with us too even just to see what we have in stock at a given point in time.
    Sold pending payment.
    egads
This discussion has been closed.