2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

'91 240GLE - The Brapwagon

Comments

• So how long until it goes from my back yard?
  • That does ring a bell to me @carnut222. Have a look for yourselves
    9ldI226h.jpg

Yes that's a wagon wiper stalk.
    Vee_Que
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    So how long until it goes from my back yard?

Still a while. Have to fit the seats and do the manual swap. Alex is sending the flywheel up next week, fully machined and with ClutchNet Stage 3 pressure plate and clutch, I've got the other consumables on their way over from the US (rear main, pilot bearing, throwout bearing). Seats will turn up this week (at my office lol).

So parts-wise we're looking good this week. Next weekend I'm away, might be able to sneak some time in ahead of the National Meet, but I'd say November is a realistic estimate. You got a burning need to get it out of the way? I can make that happen once the seats are in, if need be.
  • Before xmas and we are good
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    kKm4cw6h.jpg

Ready to go besides the actually being sent bit.
    jamesincCal
  • Hurry and do mine!
    im-excited.jpg?w=245&h=300
    Vee_QueA_Volvo_Driver
  • A_Volvo_DriverScott (@A_Volvo_Driver) Victoria, The Revenue State
    I wonder what Big Kev is up to these days?
    He's keeping the angels' robes pearly white up in heaven most likely
    A_Volvo_DriverVee_Que
  • AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC

Big Kev died back in 2005.
    See - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McQuay

He possibly got a little over-excited.
    A small and very heavy parcel just turned up at work. Luckily for me, Nina is collecting me from work this afternoon as we're heading directly to the snow for a long weekend.
    Vee_Que
    More parts turned up. Bearings, RMS, headlight clips, rear HD shocks. Also I painted the headlight surrounds matte black, because racecar.

NqtBBTph.jpg
    Klaptrap24Vee_Queegads
  • Nice! I painted the surrounds black in my 91 gold wagon and I think it looks good vs the faded chalky grey. Where'd you buy the Bilstein HDs? Just curious. I got a good deal on them from Summit Racing, but have also bought from FCP and shox.com in the past.
    Nice! I painted the surrounds black in my 91 gold wagon and I think it looks good vs the faded chalky grey. Where'd you buy the Bilstein HDs? Just curious. I got a good deal on them from Summit Racing, but have also bought from FCP and shox.com in the past.

They ended up coming from FCP. I did shop around, they were all within a few dollars and @CamZH and I ended up splitting shipping on an order so worked out well.
    carnut222
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Fcp also have the lifetime return policy. I have to send my shocks back that failed on the front of my 740t but need to work out the postage to be under 100.
  • More parts turned up. Bearings, RMS, headlight clips, rear HD shocks. Also I painted the headlight surrounds matte black, because racecar.

NqtBBTph.jpg

I have like 20 rms in stock....
    More parts turned up. Bearings, RMS, headlight clips, rear HD shocks. Also I painted the headlight surrounds matte black, because racecar.

NqtBBTph.jpg

I was doing an order anyway. I mean either I take one of yours and replace it, or I just buy one... end result is the same right?
    A_Volvo_DriverVee_Que
  • A_Volvo_DriverScott (@A_Volvo_Driver) Victoria, The Revenue State
    edited September 2017
    Imagine this, in GIF form :)

LXWy2uEh.jpg
    jamesinc
  • More parts turned up. Bearings, RMS, headlight clips, rear HD shocks. Also I painted the headlight surrounds matte black, because racecar.

NqtBBTph.jpg

I was doing an order anyway. I mean either I take one of yours and replace it, or I just buy one... end result is the same right?

Pay me cash and reduce my insane stock!
    A_Volvo_Driver
    Cleaned up previous photo dump. Here's what went down this weekend:

Rear shocks install:
    Out came the Monroe blown shocks, in went the Bilstein HDs (B6). Even on stock springs that thing is riding low, but it does have maybe 50kg of parts in the boot.

XjKwmhoh.jpg

qHto49Ph.jpg

pf0w4i0h.jpg

sxPmJ9Hh.jpg

Seat frame rail
    Frame rail fabrication (courtesy @Philia_Bear) and driver's seat install. The seat is probably a bit high and far forward for me, but it might be a good fit for my co-driver. So I'll do the other seat using something like a 5mm steel flat bar and try and set it about an inch further back on the rails. Another idea might be to entirely fabricate our own rails and use lock pins to set the seat position, rather than the Volvo adjuster. That way we'd solve some vertical clearance issues. Or even just cut up the stock adjuster and shorten it so it's inconvenient to adjust but requires less vertical space.

qHto49Ph.jpg

hoXQDAMh.jpg

9N3eBqjh.jpg

Art shot
    sUPAMr4h.jpg

Other things I did but didn't get photos of:
    1. Replaced the headlights with the blacked out ones
    2. Fixed tail lights and (sort of) number plate lights

To-do list:
    1. Fix tailgate wiring harness so 3rd brake/number plate lights work reliably
    2. Separate pedal box from firewall mount panel, clean up messy welds that have been put there, repaint everything (surface rust in places)
    3. M47 swap
    4. Replace CPS due to EZK throwing a 2-1-4 (faulty RPM signal) and car stalling occasionally from idle, and because the wiring harness for the CPS looks like it was dipped in acid.
    5. 530 head swap if @VolvoHordz is still on board
    Vee_Que
  • Yeah I got the 530 head as far as my place. Did wonder if it got any damage when the engine it was on ate a piston and rod but all looks good. The porting job on it looks really nice, I'll try and remember to take a look at the intake manifold so see if that was ported to match.
    jamesinc