2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!
740 & 760 Volver Pestanya - Volvo 740 GL 1989 Project (2016 - Present)
VOLVER PESTAÑA - VOLVO 740 GL 1989 PROJECT (2016 - PRESENT)
I finally have a probationary licence to drive my Volvo 740 GL 1989 on the road and it's now my car to look after, but it's still on my mother's name. This Volvo was a family vehicle for over 15 years and it was in bad shape when my mum driven many times. Inside the vehicle has minor cosmetic damage like cracks, scratches, missing part and physical damage by a human. I have good heart on my Volvo 740 GL 1989 and I would love to restore my vehicle slowly and make it look new again like the car was released on the sale.
When my car is fully serviced, except the interior and exterior of the car. I will put this car on a road worthy certificate and transfer my name onto my Volvo 740 GL!
Kilometers ran over 400,000+ (The dashboard was replaced with a 2nd hand dashboard due to faulty fuel gauge)
Regulary check water coolant and oil every week
CLOG WHEEL TICKING
Here are my lists for future repairs and completed.
Future repairs & upgrades:
- Install Left Tail Light Assembly - Passenger Side (Chrome Trim) with gasket, also install gasket on the right Tail Light Assembly Driver Side (Chrome Trim) (To Be Done by mid 2020)
- Replace or restore interior plastic trims ????
- Install a new condition or 2nd hand in good condition black dashboard top or install 940GL dashboard ????
- Restore the carpet (To Be Done by 2020)
- Restore the head liners (To Be Done by 2020)
- Replace with new wheels and correct tyres (To Be Done by 2021)
- Repaint and polish the exterior of the car (To Be Done by 2021 ????)
- Remove some scratches and dents (To Be Done by 2021 ????)
- Repair and restore rear tailgate lights (To Be Done by 2020)
New repairs not listed will be mentioned on progress list.
Spotted problem and completed:
- Water hose collapsed and repaired by RACV on April 2017
- Replaced radiator cap with non-genuine on April 2017
- New wipers fitted on February 2017
- Replaced air-filter hose on June 2017
- Restored alloy fuel hose on June 2017
- Replaced rubber braking pad on June 2017
- Replaced few misc parts on June 2017
- Spotted Faulty Master Cylinder and repaired on October 2018
- New radiator installed on April 2019
- Upgraded Radio head-unit with Kenwood KDC-BT600U CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth | $131.60
- Installed Kenwood Kfc-e1365 5-1/4" 250w E Series 13cm 2-way Coaxial Speakers Pair 130mm 2x | $68.00
- Power Antenna Aerial AM FM Radio Mast kit | 1980s Volvo 1384704 Electric Power Antenna 1384704-1 740 760 sedan Genuine OEM Volvo Part | $70.42
- Replaced a Power Antenna Aerial AM FM Radio Mast kit - Special thanks to Vee_Que
- Replaced Alternator belt $20.00 and power steering belt | $17.00
- Rewired aftermarket radio with insulated straight wire butt connector electrical splice crimp terminal Z224 | $6.00
- Installed a Volvo Single Din Car Radio Stereo Install Dash Mount Trim Panel Bezel Kit | $16.00
- Certificate of Roadworthiness 2018
- Refilled Brake Fluid
- Secured Battery
- Installed new Rack Ends x2
- Installed new front brake pads
- Installed LHF Lens
- Secured Lach Boot
- Repaired Air-condition
- Clicking Noise Removed
- Overdrive Repaired
- 4 New Supercat Tyres
- Wheels Aligned
- Installed Dash Cam
- Installed New Blower Motor
- Installed a car alarm system and central locking
- Repaired central locking at the back right passenger side
- Repaired the odometer and trip meter
- Repaired door warning lights and interior lighting electrical fault when opening the door
- Hardwired Garmin Navigator to the fuse box