740 & 760 Volver Pestanya - Volvo 740 GL 1989 Project (2016 - Present)
VOLVER PESTAÑA - VOLVO 740 GL 1989 PROJECT (2016 - PRESENT)
I finally have a probationary licence to drive my Volvo 740 GL 1989 on the road and it's now my car to look after, but it's still on my mother's name. This Volvo was a family vehicle for over 15 years and it was in bad shape when my mum driven many times. Inside the vehicle has minor cosmetic damage like cracks, scratches, missing part and physical damage by a human. I have good heart on my Volvo 740 GL 1989 and I would love to restore my vehicle slowly and make it look new again like the car was released on the sale.
When my car is fully serviced, except the interior and exterior of the car. I will put this car on a road worthy certificate and transfer my name onto my Volvo 740 GL!
Kilometers ran over 400,000+ (The dashboard was replaced with a 2nd hand dashboard due to faulty fuel gauge)
Regulary check water coolant and oil every week
Here are my lists for future repairs and completed.
Future repairs & upgrades:
- Repair the odometer and trip meter
- Install a car alarm system and central locking
- Repair central locking at the back right passenger side
- Repair door warning lights and interior lighting electrical fault when opening the door
- Repair Gear Stick
- Install Left Tail Light Assembly - Passenger Side (Chrome Trim) with gasket, also install gasket on the right Tail Light Assembly Driver Side (Chrome Trim)
- Replace or restore interior plastic trims
- Install a new condition or 2nd hand in good condition black dashboard top or install 940GL dashboard
- Replace the carpet
- Repaint and polish the exterior of the car
- Remove some scratches and dents
- Repair the seats and cover with seat covers for protection
- Repair and restore rear tailgate lights
- Hardwire Garmin Navigator to the fuse box
New repairs not listed will be mentioned on progress list.
?Repair the cooling on the air-condition and remove whistling noise when the fan is on motion until August 2017?
- Repair rear tailgate lights until ???
- Repair the odometer and trip meter until ???
- Hardwire Garmin Navigator to the fuse box until ???
Spotted problem and completed:
- Water hose collapsed and repaired by RACV on April 2017
- Replaced radiator cap with non-genuine on April 2017
- New wipers fitted on February 2017
- Replaced air-filter hose on June 2017
- Restored alloy fuel hose on June 2017
- Replaced rubber braking pad on June 2017
- Replaced few misc parts on June 2017
- Spotted Faulty Master Cylinder and repaired on October 2018
- Upgraded Radio head-unit with Kenwood KDC-BT600U CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth | $131.60
- Installed Kenwood Kfc-e1365 5-1/4" 250w E Series 13cm 2-way Coaxial Speakers Pair 130mm 2x | $68.00
- Power Antenna Aerial AM FM Radio Mast kit | 1980s Volvo 1384704 Electric Power Antenna 1384704-1 740 760 sedan Genuine OEM Volvo Part | $70.42
- Replaced a Power Antenna Aerial AM FM Radio Mast kit - Special thanks to Vee_Que
- Replaced Alternator belt $20.00 and power steering belt | $17.00
- Rewired aftermarket radio with insulated straight wire butt connector electrical splice crimp terminal Z224 | $6.00
- Installed a Volvo Single Din Car Radio Stereo Install Dash Mount Trim Panel Bezel Kit | $16.00
- Certificate of Roadworthiness 2018
- Refilled Brake Fluid
- Secured Battery
- Installed new Rack Ends x2
- Installed new front brake pads
- Installed LHF Lens
- Secured Lach Boot
- Repaired Air-condition
- Clicking Noise Removed
- Overdrive Repaired
- 4 New Supercat Tyres
- Wheels Aligned
- Installed Dash Cam
RomerJon17 Productions | Volvo 740 GL 1989 Project