740 & 760 Fuel filter and fuel hose to fuel rail on Volvo 740 with 338,000 kilometres

Fuel filter possibly original or second one on car.

Having trouble getting the unions undone.

Also short pipe to fuel pump seems to have lost it's outer casing.

Managed to get the whole unit off by disconnecting hose from injector rail.

So I need some help on undoing the unions or basically replace the unions and hose with new parts.

I assume (probably a big mistake) that the fuel hose is high pressure from the filter to the injector rail?

Can any one point me in the right direction to find these parts?

Thanks

hd

Comments

• Ignore this "Also short pipe to fuel pump seems to have lost it's outer casing."

This is how it looks on FCP Euro site.

• Yes I can help you

If you're from Oak Flats I'm relatively local to you, I can source parts too

• That's great. I have a new fuel filter and pump. So it is mainly the unions and hose that I am after.

• carnut222Greg S @carnut222 Daylesford VIC

I’ve heard you can sometimes break those loose by using an impact wrench...if you have the appropriate size socket. They can be a bit of a bugger.

• I'd just apply more brute force, either with an impact or longer spanner/breaker bar. Worst case the banjo bolt breaks, which can be readily replaced.

• Brute force, plus Loctite Freeze & Release are your friends. Especially when Gronk torqued the banjo bolt at the filter up to 300 ft lb decades ago.

You'll need new copper washers at the fuel filter end too. They should be in the fuel filter kit.

• Good news. The banjo bolts came undone with the impact wrench.

Now I can put the new filter (plus the new copper washers) and fuel pump, once the rain goes away.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

hd

VolvoHordz