Wrecking - 1998 V70T

124»

Comments

• AshDVSAsh @AshDVS - Geelong, VIC

You shouldnt be drinking buckets of coffee, rather multiple small(ish) decent ones. :)

DrwillisEx850R
  • Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Got a well used Saeco Royale cheap so my morning triple or quadruple shot is nice!

My man in cafe next to Reservoir Visy plant makes a great brew for smoko and sometimes lunch if I'm over there, he knows I like it strong a double shot. I'm not quite at your level......

Cup holders are redundant drinking proper coffee anyway as it's drunk immediately!

Good for beer when on way home to stop and look at seagulls.....and "other birds".

Damo
  • @Ex850R haha re other birds. So you're in Melbourne? I get down there a bit, will msg when I next do and we can have a yarn in person re those bits in bobs.

Yes these look a bit like the supra mk3 cup holders, and about as useful / fragile...

Ex850R
  • GeorgeVolvoGeorge @GeorgeVolvo Melbourne, Victoria

Thanks Ash, the parts are perfect - much appreciated 👍

Great to meet you & you were super easy to deal with. I look forward to catching up again & seeing the completed machine 👌

We are overdue for a coffee for sure. I'll pop down on a weekend for a coffee at some point soon.

Keep me in the loop. Happy to have a 'Volvos and coffee' session with you too.

Easy done. Thanks for your patience with me to get them removed. You were a simple detour on my way home last night so was really easy - always great to meet more volvo-folk.

Rear third row seats picked up on Friday.

Updated list below.

SOLD

• Centre console trim, dash insert and glovebox lid (grey)
    • Console coin bin
    • Third row rear seat (incl belts and cargo area floor).

UNAVAILABLE

• Engine
    • Trans
    • AC compressor
    • ECU and TCU
    • Door lock pins
    • Internal door handles
    • Floor mats

UNUSABLE

• Dash and lower dash panels

UPDATED: 22/5/2021

Removal of anything from the parts car will be paused for a week due to state-wide COVID lockdown.

edited June 2021

COVID lockdown has been lifted for regional VIC so had a chance to go out and pull some more parts yesterday.

SOLD

• Centre console trim, dash insert and glovebox lid (grey)
    • Console coin bin
    • Third row rear seat (incl belts and cargo area floor).
    • Rear external door handles

UNAVAILABLE

• Engine
    • Trans
    • AC compressor
    • ECU and TCU
    • Door lock pins
    • Internal door handles
    • roof grab handles
    • RH headlight
    • sidemarkers

UNUSABLE

• Dash and lower dash panels
    • RH front indicator

UPDATED: 7/6/2021

Damo

Looks like engine is now not required so anything associated will be available.

• 1971_144GL1971_144GL @1971_144GL Launceston, Tasmania

Hello Ash,

How far off are you do you think to "opening the car" by removing panels? I'm still interested if the colour is correct when you get to the point of ditching the body.

edited July 2021

I reckon I'm close.

There's less inside it now that I care about. I'm also not adverse to duct taping a tarp to it if we need a door.

Three of the four door handles have been removed now, along with the lock mechanisms from those three doors, so they're taped shut anyway.

You will find that variations in production and amount of exposure to sun MAY give you colour difference. I had two cars the same colour and the donor door was noticeably darker, it wasn't issue as whole side would get painted due to scratches through the old door and up to taillight. So I put two doors on to make it easier! ;-)

• Hi ash,

I think my seat belt has jammed so could be keen on the drivers side belt and maybe the female parts too if they are in good nick as mine look pretty old.

All the plastics are old and faded now, I dont think what I have will be any better than what you have there - will take some pics though and post them up.

Belt itself should be fine.

I'll check in with the parts car next weekend as I just got back today from being away for a week and have some catching up to do.