Wrecking - 1998 V70T

Comments

• AshDVSAsh @AshDVS - Geelong, VIC

Plain jane grey dash bits are much nicer than woodgrain! @GeorgeVolvo , these are yours. I've sent you a PM.

• GeorgeVolvoGeorge @GeorgeVolvo Melbourne, Victoria

100% better! Thanks Ash - pm’d you 👍

For those looking, I have some really nice V70 beige interior parts too. If they're of interest, please let me know and I'll post pics. Beige stuff will be cheap (mostly because I cant see why anyone might want to convert TO beige, rather than away from it).

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Note, you can successfully recolour it to suit whatever colour scheme you like and if parts are in good condition it may be easier for someone than finding the colour they need.

• radoSteve'o @rado Shoalwater WA
    edited April 27

The sun visors , grab rails and rear side courtesy lights , would they fit an 850 Ash ? If so I'll grab em and paint them black , I had a beige dash pad and painted that black and came out pretty good 👍

Sure will.

Roof parts and cargo area trim is all interchangeable and all of the parts I've sat side by side (where they have part numbers marked on them) share the same part numbers.

All the cargo area trim I'm using for my swap came from an 850R.

I'll take photos of it all as I remove it and post them here for you.

rado
    edited April 27

Nice one Ash 👍 I've bought an US right front outside handle so it has no lock in it to marry up with the set .

No worries. I'll pull two from the parts car shortly. I'm nearly at the point where it doesnt matter if it is exposed to the elements.

edited April 27

That's cool but need three . Front left and the 2 rears 👍

Thats ok, I've got fronts put aside for you already (just not from the parts car).

rado
  • Hi Ash did the intake pipe for the turbo get sold with the motor? If not i am chasing a PTC nipple. If the one in your car is doing nothing i would love to take it off your hands

Hey mate,

It'll stay with the engine for the moment. The engine is destined for a conversion project, so until we drop the subframe and start really digging we wont know for sure.

If it isn't urgent, I'll come back to you later on. Otherwise, just let me know and I can organise a new one for you.

• No its not urgent Ash I just thought I would ask

• Is the centre console armrest lid gone ash?

At the moment, yes I think so - I'm trying to put together one decent one out of 3 'moderately ok' ones with varying levels of broken/missing stuff.

If you want the cover/top and not the cup holder, I can probably help. If the leather of yours is terrible, but it is otherwise ok, I can point you toward where I've had a skin made previously.

Damo
  • I saw your note re the recovering, looks a big timeframe turnaround though so would probably start with a spare. I assume sedan and wagon are the same?

I have no cup holders but thought they'd be gone already, just chasing the lid to recover for now :)

Goodo. How about a console lid with nothing underneath?

Here's what I have and what I hope to do, after which there will be leftovers.

Beige leather console lid - broken cup holder 'frame' -

Charcoal leather console lid (lower in pic below) with missing second cup holder and parts of the first. the 'frame' is also cracked. I plan to make the best one I can out of all three, though I dont care about the leather cover condition as I'll re-skin it anyway.

The upper one is a base model lid which does not feature a cup holder.

edited April 29

I'll start to tack on a list of 'sold' stuff in here too, and make sure it is referenced on each page so that anyone looking has a quick reference.

SOLD

• Centre console trim, dash insert and glovebox lid (grey)
    • Console coin bin
    • Third row rear seat (incl belts and cargo area floor).

UNAVAILABLE

• Engine
    • Trans
    • AC compressor
    • ECU and TCU
    • Door lock pins
    • Dash
    • Internal door handles
    • Floor mats

UNUSABLE

UPDATED: 29/4/2021

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

The cup holders I never trusted with anything in my P80s even though they were all good, I didn't want to break them......

Nothing but a small takeaway coffee fits really,perfect for Mr Davies ey!?

Damo