—*SOLD*—For Sale - 2001 VOLVO C70 2.4T - $1500 ONO - Melbourne
2001 Volvo C70 T
179,000kms - 2.4t - 5 Speed Auto - no rego or rwc - Melb, Victoria - $1500 o.n.o
Up for sale is a 2001 C70 T Cabrio. Needing to sell quickly as i have no space for it. in need of a tidy up and some work but mechanically solid and a good easy project or good for parts. information below, done best to describe it honestly. feel free to message for more into. genuine interest only please, open to offers. thanks
-2.4 T Engine in good condition, only 179k, no leaks or issues, starts and runs well, pulls smooth and goes hard, turbo spools, goes as it should, strangely fast and sound pretty good!
-transmission smooth shifts well, has had a service previously. driven a fair bit and no issues to report.
-rare and good premium black interior, leather and cloth seats (heated).
-front seats have been re trimmed and in very good condition,
-premium dolby proLogic audio with centre speaker
-Air Conditioning working well, very cold, better than any other volvo I've had
-dashboard, seats, trims in good condition for age, needs a little clean up in areas but overall very good, no real damage or issues. just some missing or worn little trim bits here and there.
-good battery not too old and holds charge perfect, always starts even after sitting.
reliable and solid engine and mechanics, engine would be great for big power build for another car perhaps.
-nothing major needed for a roadworthy, just some front suspension things, 2 tires, alignment and some basic repairs, (light globe, brakes possibly, tie rod end etc)
-could ignore cosmetic stuff and have a cheap reliable, comfy and fast enough car
-overall good car for the right person to be fixed up a little and used or for parts.
- Roof does not work, common issue
- some water leaks in boot area and where roof sits, havnt had time to completely look into but could be cleaned and dried out, and roof fixed if you want. but its closed properly and is ok
- front and rear bumpers need a re paint.
- paint on some panels very faded, although no peeling, could be bought back with a good polish and buff, would look very good! some panels in good condition still
- drivers window a little slow and sticky, will go up and down with some help.
- front tires low
- needs a front drive shaft end on one side
- -tie rod
- -one front shock leaking a bit and would need replacing
- -few other small wear and tear items to get roadworthy and driving perfect
- some minor dents, damage on one rear quarter
- floor carpets bit rough on the edges
- ‘SRS’ light on, ‘radiator coolant message occasionally shown, but have looked over has no leaks, coolant holds, never gets hot, temp never climbs, seems to be a sensor, common issue.
- aftermarket head unit added, sound quality is lost as its not running through the volvo amp, simply needs the Oem head unit put back, and volvo premium audio awaits!
- decent but not complete service history, full from new but vague the past years.
-its certainly a little rough in areas but its a good mechanical runner and has some parts or life to offer.
can be driven on a permit, lights work and starts reliably. safe to drive. would maybe consider selling some more valuable and bigger parts seperate but prefer to sell as complete car.
i am needing it gone so open to offers and happy to negotiate and hoping someone will buy to tidy up or use the parts for something good.
located Hallam, Vic. $1700 ono as is. thanks :)