Oz Volvo vinyl stickers are back in stock! Find them using the link to the right (or bottom) of this page.

How much is an M47 conversion kit worth?

Hey guys

so I have this M47 conversion kit for a 240, but the 240 it was going into has been sold. Thought I would put this into my new 240 wagon but also wondered how much someone would pay for this (almost) complete conversion kit.

the new owner of my 240 has expressed interest and offered a $$$ amount but I’m not sure what these bits are really worth.

(missing hydraulic line from clutch master to clutch slave)

Cheers!

Comments

• Includes some goodies like the repainted transmission subframe, repainted pedals, sts machining bronze shifter bushings and 8 ball shifter

• SLT16SLT @SLT16 Gold Coast
    edited August 3

If the transmission is in good working condition and includes absolutely everything required for a conversion, try to offer him $800 - $1000.

To put it this way, i paid approximately $500 for my M47 conversion for a 740. But mine was missing the pedal box, driveshaft, and master and slave cylinder and clutch kit.

Considering you have all those and it seems from the photos everything is either new or in mint condition, that would be a fair price.

ljk346
  • jamesincJames @jamesinc Oz Volvo Ice Fortress

$1000 seems reasonable to me, it's a complete kit out-of-the-car and you're including some new parts as well as some nice parts like the STS shifter bushings.

ljk346
  • carnut222Greg S @carnut222 Daylesford VIC

I agree with James...given you've done some of the work already cleaning/painting, plus have some nice new bits and the machined flywheel, $800-1000 seems reasonable. I just sold a partly complete M46 conversion that needed the master and slave rebuilt, and flywheel needed machining...with no driveshaft, for $600...so that's a data point for you. :)

ljk346
  • $50 final offer.

Ex850Rljk346
  • Thanks lads, $800 has been agreed upon by the buyer

SLT16carnut222