Oz Volvo vinyl stickers are back in stock! Find them using the link to the right (or bottom) of this page.

850 Automatic transmission cooler

edited August 1 in General

Any 850 guys gone with an external cooler for your autos ?

If so , what kit did you go with ? Easy to fit ?

Not read much yet but just read the one offered up by ipd . Seems pretty simples ......

http://www.europeantuning.nl/en/11999441/automatic-transmission-cooler-volvo-850--s70--v70--c70

242GT
Tagged:

Comments

• 242GT242GT @242GT Wollongong NSW
    edited August 2

I've checked conversion rates of Aus$ versus Euro$ & USA$ and it's cheaper to buy this through IPD

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Jeebus bloody father! 400 euro!

Thats stupid money,crack fkn coke money.....

• I've never been inclined to work in crack or coke money . So here's a screen shot of it in US $$

👍

242GT
  • Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

I got one off a s70 and its the simple one in front of the radiators and cut into the existing hoses from gearbox with metal connectors and clamps like any other car one added on.

Photos please Snoopy

• edited August 2

Mine could do with new hoses as well , so not looking into cutting into existing hoses . So looking into a complete kit ..... but yeah , pictures as they say .....

242GT
    edited August 2

I like the idea of the cooler not being in line up of other coolers eg radiators.

Free flowing air straight through such a small vented surface area (auto oil cooler) would be more efficient.

I'm more inclined to go with a bolt in kit that supplies new hoses.

rado
  • Don't suppose one could fit a generic external cooler, with some creativity used for mounting, if budget was an issue?

Could source one off a late model falcon with a tow pack optioned (these tended to have external coolers fitted)

Though that IPD one looks pretty nice!

• Yeah , not opposed to any idea really as long as it works hey , but like you say that ipd one does look the goods 😎

242GT

I like the idea that it stands alone under the condsensor in free flowing air at the front of the bumper flow input & comes with a no nonsense mounting kit and hoses, simplicity is usually the most effecient way.

rado