Chasing a fuel rail for a 1992 940 b230ft

Hi all,

New member here, currently in the process of rebuilding the top end on a 1992 940 turbo wagon. My fuel rail was in a bit of state when I pulled it off, super rusty and I got real angry when the fuel line wouldn't come off and managed to bend it slightly.

Does anyone have a spare fuel rail that is in OK condition. I am up in far away Darwin so you would have to be prepared to post it up, unless of course there are any members on here from Darwin ( I have seen a pretty sweet looking 240 getting around the place).

Cheers,

Cameron

Comments

• You should be ok to re-use your rail, bend it back, hook it up and if it don't leak then Robert will be your mother's brother

• Yeah I know I can probably get away with reusing it but I want to end up with a nice clean looking engine bay.

I am considering getting an aftermarket rail but don't really want to go to the hassle of going to AN fittings as I not really chasing horsepower, just want to rebuild it stock.

• bgpzfm142bgpzfm142 @bgpzfm142 Launceston TAS

The p/n 6842434-0 fuel rail (aka 'fuel pipe') was also used on 1992-onwards NA 240s and 940s, it has a service socket evacuation valve.

• Depending on how much you want to spend, and how much the new rail costs, you can easily get your old one zinc plated for the new look

• carnut222Greg S @carnut222 Daylesford VIC

I have a few fuel rails from B230s...several different styles. Can you post a pic of yours and I'll see if I have the same type. Happy to post to you.

• Cheers for the replys.

But I have decided to go aftermarket, as I found out a mate can do the AN hose and fittings for us.

Ravanelli