XC70 Suspension advice needed

alcraigAl @alcraig Sydney, Australia
edited June 23 in Troubleshooting

I've just returned from a suspension shop.

They say I need the following:

Front Sway Bar Links

Front Sway Bar "D" Rubbers

Lower Control Arms

Prices quoted were astronomical.

Looking at the IPD site, I can get all items for about 80% less.

What are the "D" rubbers?

Can I just get the bushings, or do I need to buy the assembled parts?

Should I do the rear sway bars while I'm at it?

Can I do the lower control arms in my driveway?

Which brand: IPD, Meyle, or Volvo OEM






  • edited June 23

    D rubbers are just sway bar bushes.

    Whats your car? Year and model?

    You can do the rear sway bar links if you want. Couldn't hurt and it's easy to do.

  • Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

    Go to FCP anyway, lifetime guarantee on everything. D bushes are the sway bar ones. A whole kit shpuld be available from FCP?

  • edited June 23


  • +1 for FCP.

  • You need to drop the subframe down to remove the sway bar - not an easy job in your driveway.

    The standard volvo D bush and mount are one-piece so you need to cut them off.

    It's pretty unusual for the d bushes to fail on these models.

    I would do the links and lower control arms and leave the d bushes. Sandwood trading 03 9898 0314 in Melbourne will have the parts in stock.

  • Lol, I'll delete that comment then. I see it's for an XC70.

  • Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

    Sandwood will get it to ypu very quickly too, support locals.

Sign In or Register to comment.