2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

Jimbo's 855 T-5R Project

Comments

• Little teaser for you......ceramic :) mate working on the carriers, first attempt the off set is way off but will keep trying :)
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Oooooooooooooooo!
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Ceramic!? That would cost a fortune! Don't they need to heat up too!?

Sucks you had the box blow up! Maybe time for a built high stall auto for the drags? I met a guy in Melbourne who runs mid 13's with a tune and exhaust on his 850R which is auto, so maybe just down to that.
  • Do you have access to e85 over there?
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    They have tried 'built' autos in the States , a mob there charges quite a lot to do it and results are mixed , one bloke , who is wheelchair bound but likes drag racing had Level 10 do his , look up their website.
    Just not the auto for high power it seems even with carbon clutches etc etc they don't seem strong enough.
  • Ceramic!? That would cost a fortune! Don't they need to heat up too!?

Sucks you had the box blow up! Maybe time for a built high stall auto for the drags? I met a guy in Melbourne who runs mid 13's with a tune and exhaust on his 850R which is auto, so maybe just down to that.

Yep they would cost a.fortune new about 15K aud, these are slightly used ie one track day of testing then jag bin them.

Best anyone's got over here is low 14's with an auto, but that sort of takes the fun out of it much prefer the manual
  • Do you have access to e85 over there?

Nope the most we get at regular pumps is 99 Ron v-power
  • Damn, so much easy power. France have it? Maybe trailer some drums over?
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Autos are pretty amazing for drag racing. So much better than dumping the clutch and hoping for the best. On a windy road it's no fun though.
  • Gearbox is back from it's refurb and quaife fitting, only issue I had now was to convert it to external slave, so a bit of drilling and tapping and new nose cone and pivot ball fitted :)

IMG-20140813-WA0003_zpsm0lxcjl4.jpg

IMG-20140813-WA0007_zpswcwhevqf.jpg
  • RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
    =D>
  • New box and diff working well on a.hill climb

Jamest5r on the hill 1:

Jamest5r on the hill 2:
  • New diff worked well on.it's 1st 1/4mile outing pulled a.13.9 1st run on.low boost so all good I thought...... but no decided to rip it's shaft/cv joint to bits ah well onwards and upwards :)

DSC_1178_zpsaxctmufn.jpg

DSC_1180_zpsncxzzlcp.jpg
  • AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
    Wow!
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    That tow truck is great, none of the ones here can get the bed so flat to the ground.
  • Had it's yearly check today all good :)

DSC_1380_zpskj7gr30g.jpg

Then back under it's cover for a few months

DSC_1381_zps5azpr78d.jpg
  • Wow been along time since I updated this.....

Lots of new goodies and service parts

Ymsm4Rm.jpg
    WtHmEoK.jpg
    YyUwFxs.jpg

Getting it southern hemisphere ready hopefully get import approval in the next few weeks, hate waiting