XC90 TF-80SC Oil Change (2007 D5 XC90)

Have 135kms on this one. Got about 2.5-3L out. So glad I did because it was so easy and the oil was so brown and not smelling great.

Will keep draining and filling weekly until the oil is like new. Trans already feels less clunky and smoother.

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

You need to reset counter and do adaptations.

charlieirl
  • @Ex850R I've been reading mixed opinions on doing the adaptation. I still get flares after longer drives, but feel improvement since fluid changes. Would adaptation help in this case?

Who's ?

An opinion is like an arsehole everyone has one......

• @Ex850R should I reset or activate adaptations? Theres two options in Vida...

• Transmission is like new after 5 drains and using castrol transmax multivehicle. After the final drain, I followed correct Vida procedure to check oil level and I 'reset' adaptations. Took about 500kms after resetting adaptations before it became silky smooth.

Before I embarked on this journey, the trans was acting up so badly, I was convinced it was for the scrap heap. So there's hope for everyone!

Good result!

That's a lot of fluid! I think power flushing used a lot less last time mine was done but may be wrong.

The S80 Is changing it's own fluid today when fitting on oil cooler hose came loose probably from poor skills of whoever took it off to do the flushes on it......

Lucky I noticed the oil slick as she pulled out of the drive as while it had been leaking it got worse.

Many cable ties later and a decrease it's ok,it's going in for new hose and fluid,which isn't too funky so good thing.

From this experience I would suggest replacing that hose after finishing off the flush jobs. It's the top one with crappy plastic clip system. Maybe a nipple and hose clamps would be better!

The hose isn't cheap I would even consider having Pirtek put one in its place....