Oz Volvo Nationals 8-10 November - register today! ozvolvo.org/nationals

[ACT] 1992 240 - M47 Manual - $3900 ono

240240 (@240) Canberra
edited September 10 in For sale

For sale is my 1992 240 sedan. I’ve owned it since 2015 and it has been my daily driver. It is in excellent mechanical condition, and I have done almost every maintenance item since I’ve had it (I can give a list to interested buyers). Only selling due to not driving it much anymore. Being 27 years old, it’s not 100% perfect, with the most obvious issue being the paint which has degraded somewhat, particularly on the roof and bonnet.

Currently has ACT rego until October 2019. Currently on about 446,000km but don’t be put off by this, it runs better than plenty of 240’s with half that.

I’ve put a fair amount of work into it aside from maintenance items, including a manual conversion in 2016.

Engine:

B230FX (with 531 head and VX cam)

LH2.4

Serviced every 10k or less since I’ve owned it

“Airbox mod” to delete hot air intake from exhaust

Gearbox:

M47 5-speed manual

Bronze shifter bushings

New clutch approx. 40k ago

New bearings, mounts etc

Suspension:

Bilstein B6 shocks/struts all round

DVS front springs

King rear springs

New bushes throughout (installed late 2016)

23mm genuine Volvo rear swaybar

27mm Falcon front swaybar

Exterior:

Gemini wheels

Clear front and side indicator lenses

Black trim

Tinted windows

Interior:

Full set of 52mm “GLE” gauges in dash/centre console

Upgraded steering wheel from 88/89 model

Factory electric windows – modified for auto down on driver’s window, and backlit switches

GLE wood grain dash trim

Front headrest pads/cushions

Volvo hard plastic floor mats

Upgraded stereo/speakers

Unbroken door pockets!

I’m hoping for $4500 o.n.o. I’ve spent more than this on the car, so I’m not going to give it away. However I am quite happy to sell it for less if you don’t want the wheels included (I have a set of 14” alloys that can be included instead).

Please send me a message for more info etc.

Angus242164timbobgpzfm142ALVO360buddyglitch

Comments

• Looks like a nice ride, very tidy. Hope you find it a good home.

• Very nice! Somebody will be getting a good deal with all the mods/suspension etc. Out of curiosity, what are the power window switches from? I’m in the process of fitting power windows to my 245 so just interested to know. I have the original switches but options are always good! :)

• @carnut222 the drivers window switch pack is from an 850, and I used a relay to give the auto down functionality. The passenger and rear switches are from a 960. I recorded how I did the wiring for it, if you're interested.

The 850/960 passenger/rear switches look identical but have different plugs. 740 and 940 ones fit also but don't have the backlighting.

• OK thanks for the info. I was contemplating just having the 2 front windows power, but it’s kinda hard to find the armrest insert with only 2 switch openings for the driver’s door as I think they only came on the later approx. 81-85 240GLT & Turbo 2-doors which weren’t sold in AUS...I think all the 242GTs might have had the early style armrests and if power windows fitted the switches were in the centre console.

• Nicely modded and cared for 240! A credit to you.

When you say the paint is degrading, what exactly is happening? Is the clear coat starting to go on it?

• Yep, it isn't all that obvious in the photos sorry. The clear coat on the roof has faded fairly badly and has started to peel off in a couple of places. On the bonnet the clear coat is starting to go in a couple of places, plus someone keyed it last year. There's also a few other spots the around the car the clear has started to go, although these haven't really got much worse since I've had the car.

I can take photos for genuinely interested buyers.

• cheers, thanks for the assessment! I am sorely tempted... haha

• @jared244 where are you located? You're welcome to come and have a look if you're interested

• jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress

That is a really nice 240

• Oh sorry, missed this! Thanks for the offer, but have decided to persist with my 240 despite the damage I did recently reversing into a pole. I was considering binning it and buying another, but I think it will be economical to fix... just...

• is this beautiful Volvo still available

• @Leila yes it is still available.

Are you in Canberra?

• Wheels have now sold, so will now come with 14" alloys. Tyres have good tread. I'm therefore reducing the price to $3900.