2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

240 MrBrown_GhettoFab 240 OG

Just wanted to share some of the crazy things Americans do across the pond...

bgpzfm142ALVO360Vee_Que

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Nice engine bay!

I've always thought the torque rod a good idea on a motor that rocks around so much but thinking now,does it exert so much force as to affect the strut tower it's connected to and maybe if it does that an upright from the subframe to that torque rod would be better,if there's room I guess. Like even a full U shape over top of motor!?

• the engine force is not that powerful to the point that it would effect the tower and there is also a bar in between the towers preventing flexing.

• It looks like your torque mount is nice and solid regarding mounting. We had the old ipd torque rod with rubber puck at the end on our 75 245 with B20...it was just bolted to the side of the shock tower. Eventually it caused a fatigue crack in the sheet metal around the mount. A bit of nostalgia for you! :)

ALVO360
  • Yep...my parents’ first Volvo purchased in 1975 in Texas. That’s what started this craze! :)

ALVO360goodenoughGhettobirdVee_Que
  • This car needs to stop. I have unfollowed and blocked so many Instagram accounts that repost this car. I would rather look at a shit box Volvo with gueniune “OG” parts than this ghetto fab. Nice job man but get off the internet cheers

MrBrown
  • Why bother posting that Cav? There are plenty of threads about near stock cars if that's your thing. This car is popular because many like it oddly enough.

timboMrBrownEx850Rramrod
  • I appreciate your honesty. In order to understand you better, what would you do differently that would make it less of a pain to look at? In addition, please help me identify why people use forums and other sources of media to present their passion and hobbies if not to gain “internet cheers”? Why do use this forum? Do you have a build thread? If so, why? Do you not enjoy when people give you props for your car? Just wondering is all...

Ex850RramrodgoodenoughAshDVSegads

I like it ....

If I built the 245 I always wanted there would be outrage!

carnut222MrBrown
  • It’s not a matter of doing anything different it’s a matter of being bombarded on every social media platform with the same car. As I clearly stated, good job but this car gets way too much recognition over other cars

Ghettobird
  • Sorry, welcome to the forum. I can’t seem to get away from seeing this car but of all places this is the most appropriate. It’s not your fault that so many pages share your car and it has gotten to the point of disinterest with me. All the best mate and I hope you have many years of modifying this car for others enjoyment

Maybe less usage of social media will fix this.

Plus , they know what you look at so keep showing it. Make yourself invisible...

• edited August 14

The first part is true. But the second part doesn’t apply in this case. I had to unfollow almost every Volvo page on Instagram because I saw this car. I think it’s the go to car for wannabe Volvo fan pages to use. It’s hard to explain to someone who doesn’t use Instagram. It’s literally the only 245 so famous that everyone has tunnel vision

I have seen insta , it does just show the very few very first things you l;ook at thats why its just as shit as every other "media page" ....

Either they want everyone to just like the same things and be sheep ( like gucci and CK and bentleys and ferarris for the rich) or they are so dumb as i look cos i want different.

You have been caught up in the same loop cos you like that car once... Get a VPN dude....

• Jealousy is a curse

edited August 14

anothet take on this i didnt see ! HAHAHAHA good call.

+Edit , really funny dude , i had to edit as im laughing so much and adding to the post is silly

• give me the motor and you can have the car 😋

• Well I thank you all and thanks Cav for clarification. Just to let you all know, I don’t have social media other then Instagram and Volvo forums. I was told by a friend to start one and see if I could get a sponsor. I’m super poor and built this car by myself with scraps of materials. I turbocharged it, bagged it, welded everything, did the body work, painted it, and whatever else you see. I did that all by myself with no help other than some internet research. So I am proud of it. It’s made for me and not anyone else. People hate it, I get that. People love it, I get that. What matters most is I’m having fun with it. i only post led it on my page and have been to shows , where it goes from there is up to the rest of the world in which I have no control over.

I still didn’t get what makes this car horrible other than it’s been played out all over. What should and could I change that will attract the non Volvo wannabes? There are ~4K followers that have enjoyed the car and maybe over shared it. But I have only witnessed hate from 2 people so far. I am up to suggestions to make it better. 🍻

deNsgoodenoughAshDVS