360 [solved] B19e block and cylinder head

edited July 1 in General
I have my two 360 engines laying around and I realistically don't need them anymore. They are both the b19e engines and I wanted to know if there is anything special about the block and/or cylinder heads?

I know there are subtle differences and I believe the b19e can take the R-sport manifold and run twin carbs?

Does anyone know if the b19e cylinder head can be used on the b2xx engines? I just really want to know if I anything is worth salvaging for whatever reason?

Comments

• What casting numbers are on the B19 heads?

Heads should interchange with B21 and B230 engines.

Overseas versions of the 240 were sold with B19 engines, including the B19ET.
    ALVO360
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.
    What Bob said.
    The casting number is on the exhaust side, above the ports. Last three digits are the important ones - 398, 405, or something like that.
  • edited June 30
    @Spac @bgpzfm142 Both are 398. Are they worth keeping at All?
  • Isn't the 405 the eqivalent to the 531 and the 398 equivalent to the 530?
  • Isn't the 405 the eqivalent to the 531 and the 398 equivalent to the 530?

I was just reading about that. The 398 apparantely has smaller coolant channels(?) But the intake + exhaust ports are the apparantely the same and so are the chambers.

There was some mention on the TB forums about holes drilled into the 398 heads for k-jet injectors? Mine certainly do not have drill holes... is there any reason to keep them?

I'm wondering if there are any applications where the 398 head would be desired over the 530?

• I'm wondering if there are any applications where the 398 head would be desired over the 530?

No, not really they are basically the same casting.

ALVO360
  • 398 heads are certainly a step up for some B21s which have 166(?) heads.
    ALVO360
  • 398 heads are certainly a step up for some B21s which have 166(?) heads.

Oh ok. Well, I'll keep them for now as they don't take up too much space. I plan on making a sweet redblock coffee table in the near future.