2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

940 & 960 940 S Wagon........ so just how rare are they?

As the title suggests, How rare are 940 s Wagons?
For some reason I have a penchant for Volvo Estates. I have longed for a tidy late model 240 wagon as the perfect mix of utility and nostalgia (although Greg's 245 project is also desirable with considerable effort). I have resided to the fact that low km examples of 240 wagons are firmly held prized possessions, so have been exploring other wagon options.
The 940 S wagon popped up on Gumtree yesterday and was a worthy candidate as an alternative. Unfortunately I was too slow, and it sold.
I am guessing the 940 s or turbo wasnt sold in big numbers here?

Comments

• bgpzfm142bgpzfm142 (@bgpzfm142) Launceston TAS
    edited June 24
    It's very hard to find a 940T wagon after YM94 in Oz now, and hard to find any 93+ 940Ts which haven't been pillaged for their highly desirable innards - specifically, squirter-equipped L blocks and 90+ manifolds. I have a YM93 940 SE wagon, which had the leather seats, climate control, and HPT with 90+.
  • 95+ 940s... maybe 1000 sold in Aus in total?
  • CanoeCanoe (@Canoe) Sydney,NSW.
    It's very hard to find a 940T wagon after YM94 in Oz now, and hard to find any 93+ 940Ts which haven't been pillaged for their highly desirable innards - specifically, squirter-equipped L blocks and 90+ manifolds. I have a YM93 940 SE wagon, which had the leather seats, climate control, and HPT with 90+.

pics please...
  • @Canoe , thought you'd already know The Cleever?

91b6ds0q718c.jpg
    Travelled on that more than once....

Here are some recent holiday snaps from "Operation Retrieve" - the 940 SE doesn't have any 'turbo' badges or egg-crate grille, so they look like their NA siblings externally.
    mt2q4vbuhbxy.jpg

A stop-over, featuring The Cleever and her NA relative driven by @paul0075, The Beever.
    9oevrdxg1tlh.jpg

Cleever and Beever in hotel car park....
    22sbd3ermbmj.jpg

.... and then The Cleever laden during Operation Retrieve with much spare parts goodness.
    fo4ue4eu6awm.jpg

Paul and I discovered the NA uses more fuel over the same speed and distance than the HPT. The NA was towing a box trailer with a B234 in it; the turbo was carrying two headless L blocks, an M46, and an AW71L in the cargo area.
    Canoe
  • CanoeCanoe (@Canoe) Sydney,NSW.
    Paul and I discovered the NA uses more fuel over the same speed and distance than the HPT. The NA was towing a box trailer with a B234 in it; the turbo was carrying two headless L blocks, an M46, and an AW71L in the cargo area. [/quote]

How much more do you think the NA uses?
    Never seen any pic of your 940, and white is my fave color after red...lol.
    You should see the 940's on ebay UK. so many good ones under 4K.
  • We found it was a difference of about 5 litres over about 270km of motorway driving. When the wife drove the S80 V8 over the same two points, it was also about 5 litres' difference - with the V8 using less fuel than the turbo.

Of interest on UK eBay are the 960 wagons, since we didn't see many of them imported here.