Oz Volvo Nationals 8-10 November - register today! ozvolvo.org/nationals

240 School me on VIrgos??

I picked up some cheap Virgos from another member (thanks John).
I notice 3 of them are made in Germany and one of them is made in Norway and whilst the same style and offset is a little different.
I also noticed one of the German made Virgos has a flat spot. I have read this was a common issue. Is it worth getting it repaired or should I look for another Virgo?

Anyone got a single Virgo for sale in Sydney cheap? Preferably made in Norway so I have 2 sets of 2 for front / back.

Thanks.

Comments

• SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.
    Are there date stamps in the wheels anywhere? That may be a clue.

Volvo wheels are all soft, I assume for crash safety reasons. Virgos are the softest I have encountered.

On the bright side, this makes them easy to straighten. You may even find that you can do it at home with a dead blow or lead hammer (depending on how minor the minor flat spot is).
  • Hi

I have been told there is Virgos that came on 242gt where different to the one that came on 240. Cannot remember the difference but it was only minor
  • I don't think that is correct.

There are virgos made in norway and others made in germany, I don't know that they are different. There are also fake copies made in USA or somewhere else which don't look as wide as the genuines
  • I don't think that is correct.

There are virgos made in norway and others made in germany, I don't know that they are different. There are also fake copies made in USA or somewhere else which don't look as wide as the genuines

Hi

This info came for a person who restored more 242gt than most people have seen in one place at one time
  • I would be interested to hear what that person says about the difference if you can ask them
  • Next time I go up to my parent place. Will see if he is home and catch up
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    @AussieVolvo are you able to measure the offset?