'89 740 turbo wagon - $12k neg. Melbourne

Comments

• 12K and the Draco's don't even have centre caps!
    jackafricaGhettobird
  • And needs a tidy up and parts replacing!!
  • Angus242164Angus (@Angus242164) Western Victoria
    Must be a typo, there's an extra 0 in the price.
    I have over 300 parts for sale to suit 100, 200, 700 and 900 series Volvo's, for more info see: http://zyrex.org/gallery/Cars/acw/volvoparts/
    Updated April 21st 2016
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    This is my old 740. James has it up for $9k on the I Roll facebook group
  • Hmmmm, didn't you sell it for something like 5ish with Geminis? Want nice Geminis, almost came to look at your car just for those.
    edited May 24
    I sold it for $4k and kept the Geminis. Other James has since done a bit more work to it, he's put a bigger turbo on, wasted spark setup, suspension work, manual conversion, e-fan, possibly a 531 head? Not sure. He's posted a few bits and pieces in the build thread.

http://ozvolvo.org/discussion/89/03989-740-turbo-wagon-misty
  • Sell me the Geminis?
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    @ToomanyVolvos I'll sell you my Geminis if you can find me a set of Polaris
    Sell me the Geminis?
    I don't want to sell them, you'd have to throw me a completely ludicrous offer to change my mind.
    goodenough
  • @jamesinc Acknowledged not for sale. Just in case you ever change your mind what's the condition of them? Do you have the centre cap tool?
    I'm thinking a set of these is $600-$1000 depending on condition, maybe more if near perfect? Is that about right these days?

@240 Not got Polaris unfortunately, I'd swap if I did.
  • I've put it up for sale looking at around 9-10k so I can get a 4wd.
    Don't want to sell but need to.
    Brought from James for 4k and have spent thousands on it.
    Manual conversion, larger turbo, kaplhenke coilovers, 531 head ported with larger exhaust valves imported from the states, 3" exhaust, wasted spark, larger injectors, intercooler, chipped, lots more done to it.
    You couldn't build this for any less than $10
    If your keen let me know.
    Cheers
  • Car $4000
    Manual conversion $1800 + labour
    Kaplhenke coilovers $2000
    Exhaust $500
    Plenty more under the hood which adds up quickly.
    My loss someone's gain
  • edited May 25
    A 740T AUTO sedan sold in the Blue mountains for 12K recently with Turbo Mods, Haltec system and 531 head. Was a rough car, only thing I liked about it was how nicely the guy did the Haltec install. So you might be able to get the $, at least put the centre caps in for the new owner at that price.
    JamesM
  • edited May 25
    Oh, and like @JamesM the blue mountains seller sold the 740T to buy a 4WD. Unfortunately a Toyota 4WD and dearly regretted all that $$$ spent on such a piece of $h!+ with engine failure shortly after purchase.
    JamesM
    @jamesinc Acknowledged not for sale. Just in case you ever change your mind what's the condition of them? Do you have the centre cap tool?
    I'm thinking a set of these is $600-$1000 depending on condition, maybe more if near perfect? Is that about right these days?
    I don't have the (genuine) centre cap tool, but I gotta be honest I wouldn't use it if I did, I torque the caps with my hands. They're in very good condition. They were white when I bought them, I stripped them to bare metal and removed any nicks and repainted them an aluminium metallic colour. It's a set of five with four centre caps.

Anyway this is getting a bit off-topic for the sale thread. If you're interested I documented the restoration here: https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/23/gemini-restoration
    ToomanyVolvosJamesMgoodenough
  • Can get them made up on a cnc machine maybe? I have 2 replica centre caps with Dave Barton Volvo Centres
  • I had a set of Gemini’s on gumtree to go fishing. Had them up for $1700
    5 Gemini wheels
    4 genuine centre caps
    1 genuine tool
    4 almost new tyres

Overall in excellent condition

I got a few hits and took them down