240 parts needed

Hi All,
I am chasing a few parts for my 240.
Please let me know what you have, how much you want and if interstate, shipping cost to Rhodes NSW 2138.

1. Twin filament globe holder for left tail light. this takes a twin filament globe for tail/brake light
9oPuNIYh.jpg

2. Rear View mirror trim / garnish
glogHI5h.jpg
gIpl2EWh.jpg

3. speaker grill and / or power window door trim (my drivers door trim has the winder hole and different speaker grill to the passenger door trim. A factory winder hole plug in blue may also do for now.
gUP7sr4h.jpg

A grill like this to make a matched set would be perfect.
4DnCLGkh.jpg

4. Blanking plate for the clock, or something else to fill the space while I investigate the clock repair.
5. Whatever the grille is supposed to mount with on the lower edge ( it is currently only held in by the top mount springs and pins.
6. High mount brake light cover

Comments

• Pretty sure I have a high-mount brake cover. Not sure the colour as one car has brown interior (with brown cover) and one has beige interior, but may have a black cover. Is your cover black or blue?

I will also have the interior mirror cover. Does it just pop off? I don’t want to break it! :)

I’m sure I have a globe holder as well.

I’m in Melbourne but happy to post to you. All up would be about $40 including postage, if I have the correct colour light cover for you. Lemme know if you’re interested and I can start digging...
  • Pretty sure I have a high-mount brake cover. Not sure the colour as one car has brown interior (with brown cover) and one has beige interior, but may have a black cover. Is your cover black or blue?

I will also have the interior mirror cover. Does it just pop off? I don’t want to break it! :)

I’m sure I have a globe holder as well.

I’m in Melbourne but happy to post to you. All up would be about $40 including postage, if I have the correct colour light cover for you. Lemme know if you’re interested and I can start digging...

PM sent
  • I know you also are chasing globe and clock issues. Could it be a bad earth? I think the clock and some of those interior mini-globes may be earthed at a similar point on a screw on the centre console. Also is it the clock mounted inside the main gauge cluster or the small clock? If mounted separately small clock, I can throw in a blanking plate. I may also have a working clock if you find yours is bad.
  • Its the small clock mounted in the upper space to the right of the radio.
    This is what the mounting tabs on the mirror trim look like.

vV6sizqh.jpg
    carnut222
  • I’d be keen to buy the speaker grille and it’s mounting from the RH door when you have your replacement
    --
    Paul0075

Current Cars: 1974 144DL & 1989 245GL
    Past Volvo Cars: 1975 244DL, 1974 145GL, 1986 240GL wagon, 1993 440GL, 1987 240GL sedan (M46), 1986 240GL sedan, 1987 240GL sedan, 1992 (MY93) 240 sedan, 2000 V40T4
    Past Non-Volvo Cars: 1988 Toyota AE82 Corolla Seca, 2001 Toyota AE112R Corolla Conquest, 2000 Ford BA Futura, 1997 VT Commodore Executive, 2002 Mazda BJ-III 323 Astina

• 4. Blanking plate for the clock, or something else to fill the space while I investigate the clock repair.

Or you could just get a replacement working clock for less than beer money.

https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/8906/240-81-93-clock-tested-and-working#latest
    1LQhVAhm.png
    71 1800E |73 144 |74 142 |74 145 |79 242GT |88 780 |93 945T |93 945|2010 S80 V8
    Angus242164