740 & 760 Project 1

edited July 14 in RWD

hvJ8JS1h.jpg
jxvu6Oxh.jpg
N5GAA3vh.jpg
5oiXitWh.jpg
bgpzfm142carnut222

Comments

• This car is next in line. Overall the car is in good condition. No dents on the chassis. No rust. Complete. Black. Good tan leather and plastics. I am going to do an engine build on a stand and convert to manual. I have all the parts here.

my plan is b230ft with Volvo cam of interest maybe k or h, m46. That’s all at this stage.

i plan on respraying in 019 black and grey 960 interior

I originally bout this car with another turbo wagon for $800. I parted one and kept this. I’m very glad I kept a wagon for my first restore and rebuild project. Ambishous right? Haha.

carnut222timboVee_Que
  • I spend a lot fb tim energy putting the correct parts with the he coming erect car so that I don’t get confused or forget what’s I have laying around.

• carnut222Greg S (@carnut222) Daylesford VIC

Say that again...who is coming erect? :)

Ex850R
  • Yeah mate plenty of lube and wrapped up. Very important to play it safe with the old ones

carnut222timbo
  • Today I accumulated more parts for the wagon from the same guy I bought the 760 turbo with a b230ft. This instrument cluster is from the same donor car as motor and would roughly have 80k on it now. The transplant was done some 12 years ago. Also this I cracked dash without a stupid coin tray

carnut222
  • edited August 19

B230ft

wiseco forged pistons and H beam rods on eBay are my biggest foreseeable expenditure and also the first. Looking at around $1500. Then gasket kit, studs, etc

I have a b23 sitting 4hrs south I need to collect and have the k cam slotted.

Also was recommended a local guy to port and match this.