[sold]Pickles Canberra - 2006 V50 T5 AWD Manual

edited January 10 in RADAR
Saw this today and thought that someone might be interested. If you need me to have a look for you I can try and pop the VIDA on there and see what comes up.

https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/CP-01-06--Volvo--V50--Wagon/402327460

Comments

• Good luck outbidding me
    egads240jamesinc
  • @timbo I am not bidding on it, I have enough to keep me busy with the XC90 but thought someone might be interested. I am able to do you a report to clear it from the register for ACT as well if needed. I think that you already have an existing relationship with Ray for engineering stuff but happy to help if I can.
    timbo
  • edited December 2018
    It's egads old car that my brother bought and some muppet crashed into it whilst parked. Nrma wrote it off but he has a pocket full of cash to buy it back.
    Was hoping it would stay off peoples radar though
    Thanks for the offer on the report
    egads
  • Looks like it hasn’t had too much damage. Like the prettying up he has done, rear real nice
  • Repairable write off needs to go over pits at Dickson right? Or is it in Hume now?
  • You need a report from a licensed body shop on the structural/body repairs and a srs system report from auto electrician, then visit to hume. May become a donor for AWD C30 though
    egads
  • Bugger sorry about letting the cat out of the bag, I guess the upshot is that maybe everyone will lay off the bids so you get it cheaper.

In terms of clearance for repairable vehicles you can also use one of the engineering signatories if the scope repairs is not clearly just panel work. The Panel Repair shops have to demonstrate that they have repaired IAW the manufactures authorised repair proceedures as some of the newer cars rely on bonded panels and things like that to enhance structural strength etc. It was more to get away from the people doing cut and shuts in the backyard. It was one of the reasons that the ACT was able to keep the repairable status vs NSW where everything is a stat write-off.
    egads
  • @timbo would you AWD convert your c30 or another?
  • edited December 2018
    It's egads old car that my brother bought and some muppet crashed into it whilst parked. Nrma wrote it off but he has a pocket full of cash to buy it back.

NRMA are a bunch of @holes. They refuse to sell you the salvage even when you offer more than fair value. My daughter's Renault Clio was written off and they wouldn't sell it to me for 600 to fix even though I discussed with them they'd get 3-400 tops at auction and pay 200 to tow it there, so they'd get 3 times the net amount from me.... And I simply didn't want it further screwed up by Numpties moving it with forklifts. In the end that's just what happened. Additional damage made it no longer a viable repair and after much pressure Pickles gave my auction fees back.

NRMA even make it difficult to get the insurers letter to state it was written off only for economical reasons, even going so far as to LIE and say they are the last owner so a Stat Write Off repair is not possible (when they are not the last "registered" owner)
    timboegads
  • It's egads old car that my brother bought and some muppet crashed into it whilst parked. Nrma wrote it off but he has a pocket full of cash to buy it back.

NRMA are a bunch of @holes. They refuse to sell you the salvage even when you offer more than fair value. My daughter's Renault Clio was written off and they wouldn't sell it to me for 600 to fix even though I discussed with them they'd get 3-400 tops at auction and pay 200 to tow it there, so they'd get 3 times the net amount from me.... And I simply didn't want it further screwed up by Numpties moving it with forklifts. In the end that's just what happened. Additional damage made it no longer a viable repair and after much pressure Pickles gave my auction fees back.

NRMA even make it difficult to get the insurers letter to state it was written off only for economical reasons, even going so far as to LIE and say they are the last owner so a Stat Write Off repair is not possible (when they are not the last "registered" owner)

Use Shannon's or any suncorp

Vero was fantastic to work with when the xc90 d5 got hit
    I think you need to add i was in an s80 with three wheels getting pulled backwards and was told to "hold on shit is about to get real".
    ToomanyVolvos
  • Good to hear Vero don’t suck, just starting off a claim after hitting a wombat in theMazda early Sunday
  • edited December 2018
    I've had good experiences with any of the suncorp group as well: AAMI, GIO, Shannon's etc in regards to respecting owners wishes and using common sense when totalling a vehicle.

If the above vehicle was with the suncorp group they would've sold you the vehicle directly for fair value saving themselves 2-300 in towing, saving you 2-300 in auction fees, and most importantly saving you money on extra repairs (read panel damage and almost certainly one or two destroyed wheels) when it's moved a dozen times in the auction house. Email the local Pickles REP and advise them you expect to receive the vehicle EXACTLY as pictured.

NRMA are okay in some cases, but their total pig headed attitude towards writing every car off and not negotiating sensibly with the owner for a good outcome is disappointing. We are not all part of a Bankstown racket rebirthing cars.
    egadsSpac
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    The Altona North Victoria racket though....
    cancer sucks
  • Yiew bought it back for about $400
    ToomanyVolvos240egadsSpac
  • Awesome to the max. Got much damage from the yard?
  • Great outcome @timbo glad it worked out
    timbo
  • Yiew bought it back for about $400

God dam that's cheap
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.
    Yiew bought it back for about $400

God dam that's cheap

I was horrified/amazed at how cheap stuff was going for, last time I went (middle of this year).
  • Weird market Canberra strikes again
  • This item appears to have been sold.
This discussion has been closed.