So the car was shown on the forum to be for sale both times on ebay. I bid on it, was outbid by not much, at $114, of course the guy wasn't interested. I persisted and contacted the seller saying I didn't want to see the car scrapped. So Eventually I was talked to bring the price up after realising he wasn't too keen to fix the engine issue (no compression in all cylinders). The car is mostly pretty good, 740 rear springs and shocks to replace nivomats and other small things to make it nicer like the tint.
Drove down to Kilmore to wait for a tow truck to tow it back, after checking it didn't run. It's not perfect, a previous owner has gone mad with black spray cans on some bits, the sunroof needs a rebuild and it needs an engine, but it is straight in the rear quarter panels and it is black. So the white car will be giving up it's life to make this one live, but don't worry, there won't be much of my white car actually ending up at the crusher.
Curiosity got the best of me and despite the fact I am pulling the motor out, I decided to see if it had compression via a leak down test (nope) and to check the plugs. Which were quite worn. This car had not been looked after too well for a few years mechanically (although the transmission had been serviced recently and the oil isn't burnt...). Further disassembly found the radiator top tank hose connection was damaged, the distributor cap and rotor were very worn and that there were many and numerous oil leaks, as well as coolant leaks, such as from the one in the engine valley to the water pump leaving a stain of coolant in the valley, the hose from the header tank to the radiator had been taped up to be repaired and there is signs of failed engine mounts too.
Anyway, the aftermath of not checking coolant enough is here.
I think the engine is recoverable, I have spare heads that could be bolted on and the bores haven't moved so it could be fixed up too...