Bought this beast earlier in the year.
It was sold to me as something that I could cruise around in while I fixed it up but it wasn't to be. After noticing the oil light flickering I got it checked out and it turned out that it was only making 5psi of oil pressure at idle and after pulling the bottom end off it turns out a few rings were chewed, bearings were worn etc. Long story short the engine needed a rebuild.
Countless hours and dollars later this is what it looks like.
What I've done is bore it out 40thou, installed a k cam, converted the head to unleaded, welded up the EGR ports in the manifold, replaced the old strombergs with 2 inch SU carbies and added 123 ignition. She goes in for a dyno tune on the 13th of October and I can't wait to see what she does.
I've bought a km/h speedo that I'll be installing soon so she's metric.
Next on the list is updating the suspension, replacing door rubbers and giving the brakes a good going over. Hoping to have her run in and all ready to go by the time the weather heats up a bit more.