240 How to Sell Your Car (even if you don't know anything about cars).
It's amazing how many people do a terrible job of selling their car, so here's my idiot's guide to not stuffing it up.
Really simple version:
- Write a decent description, including the car's location, how many kilometers it has travelled, what spec it is (GL vs Sports or whatever), what motor it has, whether it is an auto or manual and how much rego is on it.
- Make sure the title is useful: "1982 Volvo 244GL, manual" is far more helpful than "Car"...
- Take lots of varied photos, including front, back, both sizes, interior and engine bay. Make sure the photos are clear.
- Make sure that you fill out all of the 'check boxes' correctly on the website.
- PUT A PRICE ON IT. Asking for offers is a magnet for dipshits, and turns off a lot of genuine buyers. Add "negotiable" or "firm" as appropriate.
- Remember that you want people to give you thousands of dollars - they're less likely to do this is you sound aggressive, stupid and/or loony.
This is the bare minimum. Missing out, or f$%king up any of these steps is just going to make it harder to sell.