850 Cost of a coil pack and leads for a turbo 850 1996

Brehon47Tiny (@Brehon47) Western Sydney
edited May 24 in Troubleshooting
Dear All - I need to know the cost of a new coil pack and leads for my vehicle. I'm concerned that I am being ripped off. The mechanic did not contact me for prior authorisation and is charging $ 370 for the coil pack and $262 for the leads, plus fitting at $110 per hour. Brehon

Comments

• Depending on brand
    20-1000% margin
    Ghettobird
  • Brehon47Tiny (@Brehon47) Western Sydney
    BiR please PM your mobile. I have lost your number. Tiny
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    And coils very very very rarely need to be replaced......
    Ghettobird
    Leads we get from fcp Euro, bougicord only!
    Thanks Snoopy, Tiny
  • k9dit53fz1cx.jpg

ceqzh2dteybw.jpg

Rough idea, obviously that's plus postage, some clever person will be able to find on demand oz prices
  • And about 30mins max to fit them
  • Also if he's chasing a misfire theres the distributor cap and rotor to replace
    Thanks Gents - that arms me with a spirited response to an exorbitant bill. Regards to all the Gurus! Tiny
    Chasing?
    By throwing parts at it?
    Anybody can do that......
    They are not qualified to work as a mechanic/tech then ...if they can't use a tester or multimeter they may as well be pastry chef..
    Obviously you would change leads,plugs and rotor and cap first. All from fcp . I just sold all my spares as a bulk lot to another member!
    Don't you have one of the known to us here indie Volvo shops near you?
    I wouldn't pay th a t bill.
    Tell them to remove the parts astgrowing parts at it without consulting you is not allowed and you don't have to pay. Civil appeals tribunal if they don't play.
    Quite so Snoopy. Monday will be interesting. Tiny
    Snoopy
    The bloke at Alexandria was very courteous but way too expensive when I had a C30. The present chap is a light year worse. I'm quitting the 4 Volvos I have and two Benz classics. Sick & tired of being touched - and just can't manage them. Tiny
    Damn shame you can't enjoy your cars anymore.
    Take up paragliding instead? See the world!
  • Snoopy
    The bloke at Alexandria was very courteous but way too expensive when I had a C30. The present chap is a light year worse. I'm quitting the 4 Volvos I have and two Benz classics. Sick & tired of being touched - and just can't manage them. Tiny

The wife's 2015 scubarat 3.6R is better than most any Volvo ever made in nearly every way
    Its just replaced a 2015 xc60 t5 for a mate

Much the same with the Lexus ct200h that the wife is now rocking
  • Not only is this highway robbery, it's unauthorised work in which if you hadn't signed a job card is totally illegal
  • Update please
    Jamest5r_
    I'm cosidering putting the invoice online. sans the name of the business. I accepted a reduction of $450, balance $2000. I need the car. A forced sale of my 144GL manual beckons - or my auto 244DL. Thanks for enquiring ramrod. it's a bummer of a situation.
  • Post the invoice what other work did they do to get the original bill to $2450?
  • edited June 4
    I agree. Please do

The fact that there has been a reduction of the fees, is an admission of guilt that there has been an over-charging