The forums were recently upgraded, and this may alter behavior or break things. If you notice problems, check and report them in this thread

(NSW) B234 BLOCK,CRANK, RODS, PISTONS

B234 SHORT MOTOR, BLOCK, CRANK, CONRODS, PISTONS, SUMP, BALANCE SHAFTS CAME FROM 740 WITH FAILED TIMING BELT. PISTONS ARE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION, SEE PHOTO, NO OIL PUMP OR FRONT BELT COVER. I UNDERSTAND IT WAS THE SECOND TIMING BELT FAILED AT 148KMS, SECOND OWNER LEFT IT TOO LONG, NO LIP ON BORES. PICK UP CASTLE HILL $300 CAN DELIVER TO BRISBANE MID JULY FOR $70wpleonu5tawn.jpg
jfjrpo83er6n.jpgrqj9zhh3kymq.jpg

TQKLTIRh.jpg
anWPqMzh.jpg
9av9EfOh.jpg

Comments

• Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Sorry but a 16v bottom end with failed bearings is a give away item. The one I was given had scored pistons as well so none of it was use able. Especially when a complete 16v can be $500
    CamTbgpzfm142
  • Since when does a broken timing belt mean failed bearings, do you have some special powers than can identify failed bearings from keyboard feel. If you can't say something positive best to not say anything at all or get a new pair of glasses
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Just when you wonder why you get no bites on a bottom end with no value. You should know why. It's seriously not worth more than $100.
    CamTgoodenough
  • Thank you for the words of wisdom
  • @Massey165
    Just wondering if you were able to check the pistons for cracks? sometimes the smashings of the valves will nicely crack the pistons near the ringlands but not have the piston break apart

Also... how much rust (vs dirt) is on the drive pulleys for the balance shafts? slightly hard to tell if they are still usable?
  • Thanks, will remove pistons and check pistons. drive pulleys both fine to reuse.
  • I have removed the pistons and all looks very sound, no damaged ring glands. On a brighter side, pistons all look good with machining marks still showing, the cross hatching in the bores still evident and the big end journals are very clean and polished not perfect but certainly worth a look . I had never inspected the bottom end of a B234 before and I can now see why the B234 Block was suggested for a high HP 8000RPM build. I will post some photos tomorrow.
  • Photos as promised, only blemish is the stain from where piston has been sittingVJjk8Ebh.jpg
    L5R7Twyh.jpg
    7NWnq6Dh.jpg
    CTldXUNh.jpg
    jamesincALVO360