240 240 and 7/900 series brakes interchangability

I am planning on doing an engine swap on my 240 to a 2JZ. Talking with the engineer it will need the brakes upgraded which is fair enough.

The engineer suggested using 7/900 series turbo brakes, in which case I could possibly get away with not having to do the brake testing as part of the engineering process.

If I shy away from Volvo brakes of a similar era/platform then I would definitely need to include the brake tests as part of the engineering assessment.

So my question is are the 7/900 series brakes interchangeable with the 240 (both front and rear)?

Next question is the 7/900 turbo brakes bigger than the non turbo ones? If they are the same then it would make sourcing the parts required a little bit easier since I wouldn't have to target specifically turbo cars.

If there isn't much to be gained from swapping on the later model brakes then I'll just suck it up and get the brake tested as part of the engineering assessment. Better to be able to stop then to save a few dollars.

Comments

• 7/9 brakes don't fit and are not easily adapted

P2 brakes fit using an adapter
    The Americans make it out of aluminum

Options of up to 336mm+ are easily bolt on using said adapter
    I think you need to add i was in an s80 with three wheels getting pulled backwards and was told to "hold on shit is about to get real".

Which would require pretty much every brake test on the list to get engineered. If one person does it though, documentation could be used to make it easier/cheaper for someone else doing the exact same setup.

Other alternative is adapting an entire system from another car. May be more viable if for example your already doing an axle swap. If it's a complete system swapped over you don't have to do all of the brake tests.

I'm nsw anyways, not sure about other states.

All that said, most builds I have heard getting engineered haven't required brake upgrades noting it's already a 4 wheel disc car and hence ahead of a lot of cars of the era.

Which would require pretty much every brake test on the list to get engineered. If one person does it though, documentation could be used to make it easier/cheaper for someone else doing the exact same setup.

Other alternative is adapting an entire system from another car. May be more viable if for example your already doing an axle swap. If it's a complete system swapped over you don't have to do all of the brake tests.

I'm nsw anyways, not sure about other states.

All that said, most builds I have heard getting engineered haven't required brake upgrades noting it's already a 4 wheel disc car and hence ahead of a lot of cars of the era.

I'm still discussing with an engineer if doing any p2 swap means all p2 brakes are certified
    There are some open interpretations on this