140 My 1977 144 GL rebirth - a rally theme?

13»

Comments

• Mark_Walton56JB (@Mark_Walton56) Springwood Blue Mountains
    Hi Bill! Very unlikely! Anyone who has one of these beaut Swedish things and is keeping it alive is already a legend 😊 clearly Harry, my 144, has a lot yet to be done!
    Xs4Eyes

Well there is no going back now, Harry will have to get used to being up high on Molly the Molnar ‘garage assistant’’ hoist, just so good having a hoist 🤪 8 bolts and engine , gearbox and front suspension out for a much needed clean up and systems check, oh anda few mods along the way, guessing I have a bit to do and the Christmas holidays not that far off!😀

carnut222bgpzfm142jamesincjackafricaalphax
  • Looking good! :)

A few steps further down the track, engine off the front suspension, M41 box ready for a sympathetic refresh of seals and oil but not much more as it was working perfectly when I last drove Harry, will get a new clutch, machine the flywheel, etc, the engine will be looked at to see if there is any major wear or disintegration of things while he was laid up but most of that was done when I changed the cam to a Waggott D grind a few years back, new steel timing gears, and new front and back crankshaft seals, I did change the brakes to a set of 71 164 ATE 4 spot calipers and replaced the bushes and ball joints but will take it all apart and make sure things are all ok, roll on Christmas!

alphaxds245242GTbgpzfm142carnut222
  • 242GT242GT (@242GT) Wollongong NSW

Good to see Mark, are you going to do the Mercedes oil cooler mod.