The forums were recently upgraded, and this may alter behavior or break things. If you notice problems, check and report them in this thread

Valuation V70 T5

Hi guys,

Cut a long story short, my parents have offered me their 2001 V70 T5, it's a 2001 auto and only has 80,000 on the clock.
It has allways been serviced before or on time and is immaculate, what is a fair price?

Cheers Damo.

Comments

• Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    1000, because the auto will fail.
  • He says it's been serviced, you would think that means transmission too. If the mechanics were smart enough that is
  • I'd agree with Morgan on price, and if the trans hasn't been flushed get it done as a priority. It's lower risk than an XC70, and if it hasn't been driven hard may still be good to go.
    Ex850R
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    The majority of vehicles are serviced by the book, not serviced to what is needed despite going to a mechanic. I'd bet it has never had a transmission service. Better to go on the open market and not overpay for a car worth less than what people think it could be worth.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Transmission service can be Oooh, $500? The fluid isn't cheap and you can need a lot to get clean. Factor that in.
  • Transmission service can be Oooh, $500? The fluid isn't cheap and you can need a lot to get clean. Factor that in.

And to have Vida and dice to reset the calibration after
    egadsEx850RVee_Que