I'm driving an XC40 T5 R-Design at the moment. Any questions?

Volvo has given me one to test for a while.

Comments

• not fair

I want a new xc60 inscription, petrol, in blue, beige interior, wood grain and sunroof.
  • Ah yes. I’ve driven a T5 Inscription and it was lovely. XC90 is still my favourite though.
  • Waiting for the pure electric version. Should be sweet, but probably cost $100k in AUS. :angry:
    egadslasercowboy
  • Volvo has given me one to test for a while.

Petrol or truck oil?

If petrol, what's it go like and how thirsty (or not) is it?
    1LQhVAhm.png
    71 1800E |73 144 |74 142 |74 145 |79 242GT |88 780 |93 945T |93 945|2010 S80 V8
  • Volvo has given me one to test for a while.

Petrol or truck oil?

If petrol, what's it go like and how thirsty (or not) is it?

I'm guessing per the title of this thread it's a t5 petrol
    180kw out of the 4 pot with just a turbo

They go good... but the t8 version mule Volvo has is a rocket ship by comparison
    I think you need to add i was in an s80 with three wheels getting pulled backwards and was told to "hold on shit is about to get real".
    Vee_Que
  • Turning circle any good on the new gen xc's?
  • edited August 2018
    Turning circle any good on the new gen xc's

Much better than the previous gen! New XC90 makes the old one feel like a truck!
  • this is not helping :-( now i need a new gen xc!
  • how thirsty (or not) is it?
  • @MattC do you secretly work at volvo?
  • @MattC do you secretly work at volvo?
    I own a motoring blog. Volvo loans me cars to review. XC40 is quick, beautifully made, comfortable and fun to drive.
    egadsbigalVee_Que
  • Does it have the autopilot jazz that the bigger stuff has and if so how good is it?
  • I've recently been in a new XC60 (and a BMW X3) with autopilot type capabilities. I can tell you both only work well on roads with very good line markings (think freeways) and even then the lane keep assist drops out or falters at things like exit ramps. The adaptive cruise, on the other hand, works very well.
    Vee_Que
  • Cool, so just a step up from lane keep. I have been sold on adaptive cruise for years, has saved me multiple times and makes my commute a breeze. The Volvo one in my old 08 v70 tracked as well as my current 17 Mazda 3 and is way better than an 11 Prius
    Vee_Que
  • Cool, so just a step up from lane keep. I have been sold on adaptive cruise for years, has saved me multiple times and makes my commute a breeze. The Volvo one in my old 08 v70 tracked as well as my current 17 Mazda 3 and is way better than an 11 Prius

The eyesight system in the wife's liberty is 10/10
    Noticibly better than the Volvo system
    Vee_Que
  • bigalbigal (@bigal) Tasmania
    edited August 2018
    Something very strange happened today.. my darling said she wants me to get a new car of something that I want. I asked "a new xc60?" jokingly.. she said "yes I think you deserve it".

Well bugger me! I don't even know where to start.

I hear some people finance 50% over 3 years with 50% balloon. Then after 3 years sell it and pay out the balloon or finance again. Thoughts?

@MattC How much is an Inscription with sunroof?
    egadsgavinh
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Great volvo finance rate atm!
    cancer sucks
  • gavinhGav (@gavinh) Parmelia, Perth
    Something very strange happened today.. my darling said she wants me to get a new car of something that I want. I asked "a new xc60?" jokingly.. she said "yes I think you deserve it".

Well bugger me! I don't even know where to start.

I hear some people finance 50% over 3 years with 50% balloon. Then after 3 years sell it and pay out the balloon or finance again. Thoughts?

@MattC How much is an Inscription with sunroof?

Go for it, that how we ended up with a near new V40T5R
  • I’m a long-time Volvo wanna-be and soon to be first time owner, curious to hear the group’s thoughts on the introduction of the newest XC to the line-up. New to this forum, I can’t help feel like a bit of an imposter when I see the die-hards!
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    I’m a long-time Volvo wanna-be and soon to be first time owner, curious to hear the group’s thoughts on the introduction of the newest XC to the line-up. New to this forum, I can’t help feel like a bit of an imposter when I see the die-hards!

Welcome!
    Would you believe some of those die hard don't even have a volvo atm! It matters not once you have one, old or new, you really are bitten!

I love the 40! I wouldn't take the time to drive one but I like the look and price, it's a winner there, it will get people in.

Hope yours comes soon!
    Tell us about it?
    Natalieegads