The forums were recently upgraded, and this may alter behavior or break things. If you notice problems, check and report them in this thread

Battery type and removal

Hello everyone my wife's 2013 V40 R Design requires a new battery, can any one here tell me what type of battery I require i.e. Brand name and specs and how to remove it and replace with the new Battery?
Regards VolKen

Comments

• Battery specification should be listed in the owner’s manual. I know it is for my C30. Make sure you get the correct size as the previous owner of my C30 got one that’s a fraction too narrow so I had to stick a thin piece of plywood in to ensure it was tightly held down. Removal and replacement should be fairly straightforward, but I know on the C30 there’s a chassis cross brace that needs to be removed. Show us a photo of your engine bay and we can assist with that.
    egads
  • know1Know1 (@know1) Melbourne, Victoria
    Here's the procedure not sure of the battery model
  • Wow thanks a lot for the video , helped me with a V50. What is the best battery you can get though ? And yeah I looked in the owner's manual and all
  • Wow thanks a lot for the video , helped me with a V50. What is the best battery you can get though ? And yeah I looked in the owner's manual and all

I run Odyssey batteries in all my cars. They're a lot better than other stuff i've used over the years.
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Odyssey is expensive and other batteries last just fine on a daily driver. Delkor are up there with oem silver plated internals.
  • Odyssey is expensive and other batteries last just fine on a daily driver. Delkor are up there with oem silver plated internals.

I get mates rates :)
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Odyssey is expensive and other batteries last just fine on a daily driver. Delkor are up there with oem silver plated internals.

I get mates rates :)

I'm sure it's still $200+ on a $400rrp battery.
  • I usually run optima batteries in my cars
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    I usually run optima batteries in my cars

Couldn't kill my optima red top!
    Years of abuse then many cars later it wasn't happy, confirmed dead cell/s by battery test place. Not that expensive in this case scenario...
    timbo