Oz Volvo Nationals 8-10 November - register today! ozvolvo.org/nationals

VCOA National Rally 2019 - Tamworth, NSW

Saturday, 20 April 2019
RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
2019 VCOA National Rally is being held over the Easter long weekend 19-21 April.
Hosted by the 1800-120 club.

It is already looking to be the biggest to date so I recommend getting your registration in as early as possible.

- The initial venue for the Sunday dinner has already reached capacity, organisers are looking into an alternative venue -

There is a distinct shortage of cars newer than than around 1980. Representation was huge at the Warwick rally so lets hope there are a few more to come.

carnut222

Comments

• We'll be there!
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    I'll register the 850R in that case.
  • bgpzfm142bgpzfm142 (@bgpzfm142) Launceston TAS
    edited July 2018
    Just got an email about this - entries for this close on July 13 2018.

For an event in April, 2019.

WTF?

It's like that line in Good Morning, Vietnam -

"....With the holiday season
    rapidly approaching...
    those personnel wishing
    to spend Christmas cards home--
    wishing to send Christmas
    cards home to the States--
    are asked to do so
    no later than August ...
    due to a yearly mail rush
    at that time.
    ...."

• Just got an email about this - entries for this close on July 13 2018.

For an event in April, 2019.

WTF?

It's like that line in Good Morning, Vietnam -

"....With the holiday season
    rapidly approaching...
    those personnel wishing
    to spend Christmas cards home--
    wishing to send Christmas
    cards home to the States--
    are asked to do so
    no later than August ...
    due to a yearly mail rush
    at that time.
    ...."

This....

I don't plan that far in advance... ever...

bgpzfm142
    Yeah same, it's a shame I would like to attend but I don't have my shit sorted out yet.

As an aside I am almost certainly going to take a bye on Oz Volvo National Meet in 2019, I need a break.
    egads
  • Yeah same, it's a shame I would like to attend but I don't have my shit sorted out yet.

As an aside I am almost certainly going to take a bye on Oz Volvo National Meet in 2019, I need a break.

Maybe time to draft in a "committee" to assist you in such matters
    bgpzfm142
    I have tried, it seems like organising a committee is as much work as organising the event! Anyway let's talk about it at the end of the year, it's not relevant to this thread
    Jamest5r_egads
  • Any news on this rally? Haven't seen or heard anything about it since the email I got from SSVC last year in June. Have registrations definitely closed? I'm only interested in attending the Show n Shine day...

Was talking to Peer at GLT yesterday and he mentioned he was starting to ready his machine/s. Thought hey I better register myself.

Am I too late?
  • RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
    Any news on this rally? Haven't seen or heard anything about it since the email I got from SSVC last year in June. Have registrations definitely closed? I'm only interested in attending the Show n Shine day...

Was talking to Peer at GLT yesterday and he mentioned he was starting to ready his machine/s. Thought hey I better register myself.

Am I too late?

good question.

you will need to contact the 1800-120 club for info.

try giving George a call on 0418 225121
  • Have registrations definitely closed?

I believe so, back in July. Here at Team Last Minute, I believe we just squeaked in months ago, only by virtue of having an unusual entry. There has been an acceptance list already posted in "Rolling" magazine, which is sent to members of Volvo-sanctioned car clubs .
  • Well, this is getting close now.

Anybody else from Tas heading over to the mainland?

Who's driving up from Melbourne? Which route are you taking, and when are you heading off?
  • carnut222Greg S (@carnut222) Daylesford VIC
    Well, this is getting close now.

Anybody else from Tas heading over to the mainland?

Who's driving up from Melbourne? Which route are you taking, and when are you heading off?

We'll be departing from Albury 9AM Weds, staying the night in Kandos NSW and arriving in Tamworth Thurs afternoon. Going along with Lance Phillips (he'll be in a GT and we'll be in my yellow 1800ES so if you see us you won't miss us LOL!)
  • PaddlerEdPaddler Ed (@PaddlerEd) New England Region, NSW
    We do the Melbourne/SoT to Tamworth on this route: https://goo.gl/maps/53GPCXDCcRQ2 (well, actually the reverse of the route, but you get the idea...)
    bgpzfm142
  • Thanks Ed. That's the route I'd planned on taking, which skips Sydney altogether.

Are there many overtaking lanes after leaving the Hume / M31? Overtaking will be rather challenging otherwise for me, in a LHD car.
  • PaddlerEdPaddler Ed (@PaddlerEd) New England Region, NSW
    Typically there's some about every 5 - 20km depending on area, you're often on roads where you might only see one or 2 other vehicles in an hour so I wouldn't worry too much! Bits like the Olympic (The A41) will have a bit more traffic, but will also have more passing lanes, so it's a real mix.

Most traffic travels around the 100-110km/h mark so you'll be fine - B-Doubles and road trains will head to the Newell as it's a bit better again.
    bgpzfm142