The 2018 National Meet in Canberra is only two months away! Register here. Full details here.

C30 T5 Manual

Hi,

I'm looking at buying an C30 T5 manual, primarily as an replacement for my 2004 V70 R and for the kids to learn to drive..........

There seems to be a few good C30's around for reasonable money on carsales.

Any known issues with years and models to avoid?

Thanks
Stew

Comments

• edited April 13
    Check p plate and insurance carefully as anything T can cause problems for younger drivers. We hit a snag when L became P as there was no insurance cover when driving alone. Varies from state to state a little. Is sa T5 v50 p plate status also varies from year to year as weight of the vehicle changes.
    Vee_Que
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Needs a good tune.,exhaust and suspension otherwise boringly slow.. Actually I found a manual v70r with stage 2tune to be a bit underwhelming too.
    Pastry...

"XC90 Jerks.

That a description for me and you bigal?"
  • Not for 'kids learning to drive', maybe later
    Vee_Que
  • Actually its not bad to learn in - just the insurance and unapproved status is a hassle.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Some S40 manuals around.
    One in Melbourne, red, on gumtree,.
  • Thanks for the comments guys.

Will check with Insurance companies as that could be an issue.
  • If you like the C30 in general then non turbo could also be a viable option....we have a 2008 C30 T5 R-design and love it. No major issues. Need to make sure service history is decent and timing belt changed at 10 years or appropriate kms.
    Vee_Que
  • edited April 13
    If you like the C30 in general then non turbo could also be a viable option....we have a 2008 C30 T5 R-design and love it. No major issues. Need to make sure service history is decent and timing belt changed at 10 years or appropriate kms.

After learning in the T5, went this route in the end...... still a lot of fun if you can find a good one.