Bitza

vo940Cav (@vo940) SE QLD
edited September 23 in RWD
So recently I bought a 740 turbo

It has a b23et engine with lh2.2 and m46

The thing is quite tragic really. But I am determined to leave it better than I found it.

I actually like how ratty this thing is. I don’t have to worry about scratching it. The interior was fucked so I’m going to swap in another black interior.

Also mix in some different colour panels for the hell of it.

It’s not perfect and neither are you!! Haha

My first question is about turbo +

Can i or how do I remove it?

jK4rwxMh.jpg
vG9nwAzh.jpg
YmY4YTkh.jpg
RCrpWaqh.jpg
mdpbGpXh.jpg
d303kF6h.jpg
nugget_940bgpzfm142pieboyfresh

Comments

• irishbastardDarc (@irishbastard) Melbourne, victoria
    If interested in selling @vo940 I may be keen on buying it
    vo940
  • If interested in selling @vo940 I may be keen on buying it

No worries mate I’ll probs hang onto it for a bit though. It’s very rough. The whole interior was fucked. When I removed the carpets all of the foam was wet. Has a leaky windscreen I suspect. Decided to start again with the interior. The car has been resprayed with spray paint in some areas and has had panel repairs to back left wheel arch. Paint chips everywhere. Someone has drilled a hole in the gutter that has gone rusty. Has an oil leak(s). Needs a lot of work.
    irishbastardVee_Que
  • irishbastardDarc (@irishbastard) Melbourne, victoria
    No worries at all, hope all goes well with project, I've dismantled a few 7 series over the years so if you need any parts I can see if I have what your after 👍
    Ex850Rvo940
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    If interested in selling @vo940 I may be keen on buying it

You literally missed out on it a few weeks ago.

Also, the turbo plus isn't connected. Reconnect the intake to the airbox though!
    bgpzfm142vo940
  • Was this deans old car?
    vo940Vee_Que
  • I don’t know is dean the dodgiest car detailer around? If so then yes haha
    Ghettobird
  • No worries at all, hope all goes well with project, I've dismantled a few 7 series over the years so if you need any parts I can see if I have what your after 👍

Cheers mate I will keep that in mind for sure
  • B23ET <3</div>

Yeah. Considering the condition of the car. I doubt it will ever be sold as a complete car again.
  • Does anyone know anything about these?

B0Yo4LBh.png
  • B23ET doesn't need that stuff. I think that would be an ineffective use of your time and money with that motor. It will take plenty of abuse as long as you are sensible.
    vo940Vee_Que
  • B23ET doesn't need that stuff. I think that would be an ineffective use of your time and money with that motor. It will take plenty of abuse as long as you are sensible.

Ok understood. Cheers
    Does anyone know anything about these?

B0Yo4LBh.png

Those rods need custom pistons anyway.
    vo940

Ok understood. Cheers

I don't want to tell you what to do though. Just an opinion that you could spend your time and money elsewhere and still have a strong and enjoyable car :)

Ok understood. Cheers

I don't want to tell you what to do though. Just an opinion that you could spend your time and money elsewhere and still have a strong and enjoyable car :)

Mate if you tell me what to do that would be way easier lol any advise is appreciated
    Ex850Regadslasercowboy
  • Hi

By the pictures of the engine that car has a B230Ft. What year is your car
    I promise you that it is not. The timing cover has been modified to fit a b230 plastic cover on the lower half of the block. Plus the engine says b23 on the side. It has a 531 head from a b230 however.
    vo940
  • Yep engine block says b23et
    Vee_Que
  • bgpzfm142bgpzfm142 (@bgpzfm142) near Katoomba NSW / Launceston TAS
    I promise you that it is not. The timing cover has been modified to fit a b230 plastic cover on the lower half of the block. Plus the engine says b23 on the side. It has a 531 head from a b230 however.

You're familiar with this particular car?
    1LQhVAhm.png
    71 1800E |73 144 |74 142 |74 145 |79 242GT |88 780 |93 945T |2010 S80 V8
    jamesinc