Alex's 360 build thread

Comments

• Cool cool. When I removed the original tube from my motor it was HARD, and crumbled off bits were stuck in the oil pump strainer. So that would be another reason to not get a cheap one. I used some gasket maker to seal the oil box.
    ALVO360
  • @carnut222 FCP are the best company I have ever dealt with in regards to a returns and complaints. They refunded the purchase and shipping, no questions asked, no hesitation. 👍
    carnut222Ex850Rbgpzfm142
  • edited November 2018
    Does anybody know where I can get genuine o'rings for the oil pump delivery tube? I have these black ones from my bottom end kit, but there is no possibility of installing them because they are too thick...
    Here's a comparison between old and new:
    MXEUZ3jh.jpg
    o1ovrhXh.jpg

FCP do these ones, but honestly.. Even these look too thick:
    Y3zTkLQh.png
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    That looks like the correct o-ring to me. It is a pretty tight fit, if I recall.
  • @jamesinc unfortunately It won't press in. I've spent almost an hour trying to push these in and there is no way..they're just too thick. Plenty of lube and oil but still Nada.
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    In that case, is it possible your kit also came with a new o-ring for the coolant hardline that runs around the exhaust side of the block, and you've swapped the two around?

I have had a kit include wrong o-rings once before though, it was an Elring head kit and the o-rings for the K-Jet injector holders were the wrong size.
  • edited November 2018
    Yeah, these were elring. I actually have another elring kit and the o'rings are the same. There are two o'rings for the delivery tube. One that goes into the block and one that goes into the pump. They are the only o'rings that would be suitable for use in the kit. I questioned that and did a search and they look the same. I'll order the ones from FCP and see if they work...
  • edited November 2018
    Ok, so the Elring headgasket and bottom end kit have been a major headache. I received the FCP Oil pump o'rings and they fit just fine.
    @jamesinc
  • edited November 2018
    Cracks in exhaust manifold - needs repair before I can continue. I still have plenty to do. More cleaning and....more cleaning.
    cU2Johbh.jpg

I cleaned up the old alternator and bracket, only to decide on using the 360 one instead...
    4LXmtfOh.jpg
    carnut222
  • Nice colour scheme - I especially like the way you did the cam cover! :)
    ALVO360
  • Nice colour scheme - I especially like the way you did the cam cover! :)

Hey, thanks! I thought I'd try something different.
  • edited November 2018
    Braided oil return + oil feed arrived today.
    The original oil return pipe was so dirty and difficult to get clean that it wasn't worth re-using. Additionally, there is apparently clearance issues with using the 360's mounts and clearing the factory oil drain hose. Hopefully this braided hose will give me more wiggle room (pun intended).
    UAYudAah.jpg
    egadsbgpzfm142Vee_Que
  • Braided oil return + oil feed arrived today.
    The original oil return pipe was so dirty and difficult to get clean that it wasn't worth re-using.
    UAYudAah.jpg
    Nice - who did you source those from? (Sorry if I missed it earlier in your build thread)
  • @carnut222 I got it from Mamba - they're a company in Taiwan who sell turbos and accessories. I bought a TD04-20t from them a year ago for a project Saab I was helping a mate with, It was excellent build quality. I was actually amazed at how great it was. He has put 10,000kms on it without any problems... And this particular Saab 9-5 aero is a 300kW monster with 580nm of torque.

Anyway, here's a link to the oil return hose on ebay:
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/183289416631
    carnut222bgpzfm142Vee_Que
  • I've ordered these suckers from D088. Oil cooler hoses. I've also ordered the oil filter housing o'ring and oil cooler o'ring from Berry Motor Group. Thanks again to Mark. Absolute legend to work with.
    WUWh6zOh.jpg
    bgpzfm142
  • edited November 2018
    Cleaned the turbo (td04-13c)and painted the actuator. Appears to be nice and healthy.

pMhpq9vh.jpg
  • Night and day - heat shields for spark plug leads.
    nVQ9eVYh.jpg
    bgpzfm142
  • edited November 2018
    Body kit ideas. Using the front and rear bumper to attach fibreglass body kit. I intend to do this way down the track. LS-DIFF is a priority after engine swap. I think I'll get it sprayed in House of kolor - 'Brandy Wine' or Candy Apple.
    There's a new Mazda 3 which has come with a beautiful Red. I might even find out what red that is and go for that instead.. Edit - it's called 'soul Red Crystal'
    RYcVoXmh.jpg
    lQuwGLbh.jpg
    5Fo3Q6Gh.jpg
    dzmluG3h.jpg

Mazda's "Soul Red Crystal"
    n9EDNuch.png
  • Body kit ideas. Using the front and rear bumper to attach fibreglass body kit. I intend to do this way down the track. LS-DIFF is a priority after engine swap. I think I'll get it sprayed in House of kolor - 'Brandy Wine' or Candy Apple.
    There's a new Mazda 3 which has come with a beautiful Red. I might even find out what red that is and go for that instead..
    RYcVoXmh.jpg
    lQuwGLbh.jpg

Mmmm...I’ll take that beautiful blue wagon. HAIL HYDRA!
    ALVO360