Alex's 360 build thread

Comments

• Thanks @timbo for your help today. Called berries about a replacement maf. They have one that's essentially brand new which they use for testing. I'd really like to rule the maf out before putting $$$ down on a replacement. If anyone in Canberra has a maf I could use as a quick test, that would be Great?! Mine ends in 212 016 and is just the standard maf used on LH2.4 machines.

y82vdlem4np2.png
    timboegadsnugget_940
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    @ALVO360 you're welcome to borrow the MAF from my 240 if you like.
    It's possible that it might not 100% right as I'm chasing an error light on my dash and haven't been able to test with another MAF to eliminate it (so I'd also be keen to borrow one if anyone in Canberra has one), but the car does run fine so it'd probably be OK for your purposes
    ALVO360
  • Sleep-Cred roof racks!

ephfv0wj727a.jpg

Thug-life ginger whinger
    ytvliicmvvhn.jpg

nugget_940Vee_Quebgpzfm142
  • @240 Sweet! I'm ready to go whenever you are.
  • edited July 2
    Ive recently ordered a kit from 'KnockSense' which looks a bit like this:

zkt7sz7lc7lc.jpg

Here's their website:
    http://www.viatrack.ca/

Essentially its just an LED and a special 'Y' adapter which connects to the origional knock sensor. Description from website:

"It contains an active filter that amplifies the knock signal and a comparator circuit that drives an LED which flashes on every knock event. The flash intensity is related to the knock intensity."

The kit can be used with any aftermarket EMS, but for my purposes I just want to use it for the LED function.

Has anyone ever used one of these before?
    RaebirdVee_Que
  • RaebirdRaebird (@Raebird) Springfield Lakes, Qld.
    Ive recently ordered a kit from 'KnockSense' which looks a bit like this:

zkt7sz7lc7lc.jpg

Here's there website:
    http://www.viatrack.ca/

Essentially its just an LED and a special 'Y' adapter which connects to the origional knock sensor. Description from website:

"It contains an active filter that amplifies the knock signal and a comparator circuit that drives an LED which flashes on every knock event. The flash intensity is related to the knock intensity."

The kit can be used with any aftermarket EMS, but for my purposes I just want to use it for the LED function.

Has anyone ever used one of these before?

I was going to get one of these also.
    ALVO360
  • @Raebird It ended up costing $115 . The guy "Boris" was easy to deal with. However, the shipping doesnt come with tracking unless you request otherwise. It would be an issue for me if I couldn't pay via PayPal. Apparantely shipping time is about 2 weeks, so I'll let you know if it arrives 😅
    Raebirdnugget_940
  • edited July 3
    How cheap are these fuel rails. ClassicSwede sells the same ones for a similar price, but shipping is a killer.

1h1r3zsv4vrn.jpg

And a Tomei Adjustable regulator...so cheap!

y1wmbei9a2id.jpg
  • Replacement maf had absolutely no effect. Still rich and still have a misfire at idle. Grrr
  • Ive got an anodised blue KL racing fuel rail if you like?
    ALVO360

Thanks Daniel. I've actually already ordered this one. Looking up the KL racing one, they look identical. I appreciate the offer though.

Thanks Daniel. I've actually already ordered this one. Looking up the KL racing one, they look identical. I appreciate the offer though.

All good mate. I've got KL 8v stuff lying around as I bought it all before going ahead with the 16v build :+1:
  • I have a new adjustable wastegate actuator from MAMBA coming with 6 springs. Keen to have this thing setup and not run my boost controller.

Vee_Que
  • edited July 15

(Stupid images!)

SOLVED my rich running by replacing the FPR. Perfect AFRs and she pulls well to 5500rpm.

I've also made a 3" intake pipe - very happy with it.

bgpzfm142
  • edited July 11

@Raebird - knocksense kit arrived today. Send on the 2/07 - arrived today the 11/07. 9 days is pretty good!

Also have my actuator from Mamba. Shipping from Taiwan only took 2 days via DHL express. I love DHL.

I also have COUPON CODES!! If anyone wants a 15% discount from Mamba or a 10% from 'Track Warrior'.

Raebirdbgpzfm142nugget_940
  • 3" Maf with 3" intake running the white v70 injectors at 4bar. Anything less and it runs too lean at WOT. New turbo, IPD cam and a tune/chips are on the cards in a few months. I'm considering the 16t turbo... I might try my luck at sourcing a b230ft squirter block and give it a freshen up.

timbopigdogbgpzfm142Vee_Que
  • Installed knockSense:

The knockSense Unit has a blue adjustment screw to allow you to set the desired sensitivity.

I opted for the blue LED rather than the red. I was worried it might not be as noticeable with all the instrument lights on...but it is damn bright and likely visible with your eyes closed.

Raebirdbgpzfm142
  • Newby to this forum so just to say hallo to what seems to be a very knowledgeable mob of rollers - what a pleasure! Recently became the happy owner of an '86 350GLT with the B200E motor. I look forward to learning more from you all before I start messing about with it.

egadspigdogALVO360jamesincbgpzfm142Vee_Que
  • @Schoonerman Hey! Always nice to meet another 360 owner. Aftermarket options are limited to classicswede.co.uk - even some standard parts like the clutch release bearing have been discontinued and are no longer available (other than occasional New Old Stock (NOS) items).

The 360's are very unique cars and I love mine to death. If you can get past the lack of available parts, both standard and Aftermarket, and are willing to get some deep pocket extensions and grow a beard full of patience, these little buzz box's can be a hoot to own and drive.

The b200e, although its a great reliable motor, it didnt quite have the power I was craving. The turbo swap made the most sense to me, but I was also considering the 'r sport' kit for my b19e engine (twin carbs) and even a N/A 16 valve on a b230 block. But again, the b230 turbo was the most logical path for me to take (although, I dare not think of how much I've spent so far, and mine is far from perfect.).

Volvo300mania.com is a great place to find information about these 360's, as the forum is dedicated to 300 series volvo's. It's a bit of a nightmare to use their search function, but there's plenty of very helpful threads, depending on which path you Choose to take.

I've covered a lot of information for doing a b230 turbo swap on this thread:

https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/10106/volvo-360-b230-turbo-swap#latest

Always happy to talk and/or answer any question you have. @pigdog @Raebird @Laurie are all 360 owners. Laurie has quite the collection and has recently started a thread for just 360's:

https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/10961/360-all-matters-360-glt/p1

This forum is great and full of like-minded individuals who are more than happy to help out where they can. I owe a lot to some members on here who have helped me along the way, and there have been many.

Welcome home.

Raebird
  • pigdogdave (@pigdog) Wollongong NSW

One of us,one of us, one of us!!!!!

the 360s are fun little nuggets ive had a mad love/hate relationship with mine but am currently on love and have been for awhile, if you don't like spending money you will never see again then you should probably run now as alex said parts are scarce and ordering from the uk gets pricey..

if you want a little more power but dont want to commit to the level of insanity alex has the B230F is plug and play, it bolts straight in and runs off the 2.0l system with no problems and its decently better but theres not much room left in it to keep playing with the stock system im running the B230f with K cam in mine and i would be close to its limits next step is a LH2.4 or aftermarket ecu conversion

im always happy to help where i can just msg me if need be ..

welcome to the 360 life

ALVO360Raebird