The forums were recently upgraded, and this may alter behavior or break things. If you notice problems, check and report them in this thread

Alex's 360 build thread

Comments

• Volvo would have sold a huge number of these if they were released at a similar price turbocharged. Damn hot looking rocket!
    ALVO360nugget_940
  • Looks wicked mate!!
  • Thanks guys. She's definitely in the 'good from far but far from good' catagory. But so much fun to drive!
  • New wheels - 15x8 'Advan Racing" wheels. I may need to roll those rear guards, but I am very happy with how she looks.

39bnpugde1zq.jpg
    vvp746myqi7u.jpg
    egadsnugget_940Raebird
  • edited May 13
    gif76vwweabf.jpg
    egadsnugget_940Vee_Que
  • Nice - the black wheels suit it!
    ALVO360egads
  • RaebirdRaebird (@Raebird) Springfield Lakes, Qld.
    Wheels look great!
    ALVO360
  • Has anyone ever order from 'Spareto'? They're a company in Estonia and I've just ordered my caliper rebuild kits from them after my ebay kits from another seller didn't arrive. Shipping cost was fair and with DHL express 3 day international shipping, and the kits were dirt cheap.
    $60 for two kits delivered ($24 for two kits and $36 shipping).

https://spareto.com

I'll report back with some feedback when my kits arrive, but I'm interested to know if anyone else has had dealings with them?
  • I rolled my rear guards as they were rubbing on the wheels. Took her out for some aggressive cornering to ensure there was no rubbing and I am amazed. The 8 inch wheels with a +25 offset really change the handling characteristics of the 360. The other wheels were 17x7 ET+38 but are like day and night when comparing the handling. It's like a turbo go-kart on rails.
    So good that I oversteered a couple of the first corners before I got used to it gluing to the road like it does.

ibasgki1lqsi.jpg
    2eghjemmadjw.jpg
    leuuc41khirr.jpg
    timbocarnut222alphaxnugget_940
  • Good work Alex, a real reward for effort! You will have to run the 360 in during a trip down Melbourne way.
    ALVO360
  • Good work Alex, a real reward for effort! You will have to run the 360 in during a trip down Melbourne way.

Funny you say that Laurie, I'm actually planning to do a Melbourne trip soon to go see my brother. If we both have time, it would be good to meet up?
    egadsVee_Que
  • Just one more...
    srzqtu9hsuap.jpg
    egads
  • edited May 18
    I need opinions please - to flare or not to flare? I have reservations when drilling into body panels, but I think it would look good... but would it look good enough? Id be drilling and installing 'nutserts' to hold it together.

q30xdtid0t8z.png

qn34gwflgx76.png
  • My vote is no flares. Looks great how it is.
    ALVO360Vee_Que
  • No flares. Not with those wheels anyway.
    ALVO360
  • Yup, no flares, looks great without
    ALVO360Vee_Que
  • Thanks guys, exactly what I needed to hear! Drilling holes is my least favorite thing to do with cars, right up there with cutting and breaking things.

"Flares! Flares for sale!"
    egads
  • Definitely no flares. Looks absolutely stunning without them
    ALVO360Vee_Que
  • edited May 21
    So...my caliper rebuild kits arrived from "spareto' in Estonia. Everything is there and correct. Amazingly, I ordered them on Friday the 17th and they arrived on Monday the 20th, sent with DHL. I would highly recommend them based on my one experience 😂 I'm pretty sure that I couldn't have sent an express post package to my neighbour via AusPost and had it delivered sooner. Impressive.

I've pulled the calipers off my spare 360 so I could clean, paint and rebuild them without my car being off the road. More pics to come soon.

1n2ppktzt4m1.jpg
    l2w49cnkoa9u.jpg
    alphax