V50 2007 T5 AWD Fuel Pump

Have a noisy pump and looking at a preventative replacement.
From current research the AWD pump is different to the FWD and consequently double the price. Any pointers to the best source of a BOSCH pump?

Its now at 10 years but only 80,000 km - considering other preventative maintenance. Excluding T belt, trans flush / haldex etc, anything else that should be included in the order?

Car has been reliable - it has always (from new) been heavy on fuel and a noticeable fuel dump when accelerating and smell when idling in garage. No codes to date / had the PCV box replaced a few years back. FP Sensor / MAF / O2 ?

And of course a coolant expansion tank.

Comments

• Has the fuel pressure sensor ever been replaced? MAF fails frequently as well and the wideband O2 just wears out
    Its ~$400 to replace all 3

The pump is the same... its just the pump carrier that is different
    The last time I looked there were lots of instructions on the web on how to fit a walbro255 or one of the other good pumps

also... noisy pump can frequently just be a clogged filter... when was last time filter was replaced?
    I think you need to add i was in an s80 with three wheels getting pulled backwards and was told to "hold on shit is about to get real".
    pauljloz
  • edited February 24
    No. Will do those and try a new filter first. Its been run low recently.

I have the old pump from the xc90 which had the failed plastic housing. Perhaps that pump can transplant to the v50 carrier.
  • Has the fuel pressure sensor ever been replaced? MAF fails frequently as well and the wideband O2 just wears out
    Its ~$400 to replace all 3

The pump is the same... its just the pump carrier that is different
    The last time I looked there were lots of instructions on the web on how to fit a walbro255 or one of the other good pumps

also... noisy pump can frequently just be a clogged filter... when was last time filter was replaced?

Hey @Philia_Bear does the 2008 C30 T5 have a fuel filter? I bought one with bracket and all when I was in the US a while back but I sure as hell can't find it under the car! Is there and internal filter or just a fuel pickup screen in the tank? I understand filter depends on market to some extent. Thx.
  • I second the fuel pressure regulator. That went in our C30 T5 a couple years ago. FCP Euro has them on special at the moment for about $25...genuine Bosch. Not sure on postage though.