XC70 D5

in Modern 120 / 11joined Jun 2016
Hello! Wanted to gauge some opinions from some members. I'm currently driving a C30 T5 R-Design with a stage one BSR tune at the moment. As much as I love my angry beast, I have started a new job - ironically for another Swedish brand - which requires me to drive between 86 to 100km per day on average. My question is, do I stick with the C30, or should I opt for an XC70 D5? Would the XC70 be a better and more efficient proposition long term? Thanks.

Comments

• 9985 / 83joined Jul 2013
    All highway driving?
    I think you need to add i was in an s80 with three wheels getting pulled backwards and was told to "hold on shit is about to get real".
  • 120 / 11joined Jun 2016
    Mixed. Country (some twisty backroads), then through residential, freeways and then industrial. In the afternoons (i finish at 4pm) traffic can be very heavy in some parts.
  • 9985 / 83joined Jul 2013
    I doubt you would ever break even on the slightly better fuel economy on the D5 XC70
    The C30 drives nicer and its the beast you know instead of the beast you don't know
  • 120 / 11joined Jun 2016
    This is true. And it’s hilarious in the backroads, especially with the tune.