Stage 0 1998 V70XC

Comments

• gavinhGav (@gavinh) Parmelia, Perth
    Good stuff Gav.
    Use it for what it's made for, in comfort!

Are the brakes in tip top shape? New fluid?
    Lines good?
    Maybe pads suited to the extra load?

Tyres got the correct load rating?
    Rear shocks etc all good?

More pix man!

Am no there the now for taking pics, but I will have some up next time I'm back 😉
    but I'm still amazed on how good it is for a 20 year old car, I still having forgot about upgrading the turbo and intercooler, we have just has a lot on our plates with a wedding coming up and my partner at uni still, so money has been getting spent else where but I'm still interested if you still have the stuff.
    That's a good point on the brakes I have noticed a slight vibration when jumping on them. I replaced the disk with cheep ones from rock auto when we bought the car and thinking possible replacing them with something more uprated and fitting stainless lines too to get rid of the squishiness from the rubber which probably should have been replaced, but they have been flushed about a year ago.
    Tyres are on the list to as we or she tore the side out of a rear one??? Still unsure how so I threw on a spare set I had which were all in spec.
    Rear shocks are still the nivomats which seen to still be fault less as we has something like 3-400kg of brick pacers in the back last year.
    She has also developed some rattles from the dash which are frustrating so the radio volume comes in handy for that.

Cheers the now

Gav
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Ey oop!
    It's commendable you can do the fifo, I was doin it hard being away all weekdays and Saturday mornings on construction in the country!

I still have the bits, I think a half refurbed turbo not sure the model atm.
    I've got the USA ride height dampers and springs for awd, not xc but could be ok? They are brand new as are the front LCAs and various stuff.
    Intercooler too if it's worth the post to you.
    I had forgotten but knew someone was wanting gear!
    Stay Safe brother.
    L. SVxb6XRh.jpg
    cancer sucks
    gavinh
    @Ex850R yeah it can be hard at times doing FIFO but at the same time my time off is my time, when I jump on the plane that's it untill I get back to the airport a week later.
    Ash on the other hand has uni and work to contend with along with the kid's, but our kids are angels in comparison to some and they understand the whole process for a 7 and 10 year olds and help out as much as they can with messing up the house.
    If you could work out a rough cost obviously with out the postage and pm please, will give you an answer pretty quickly so I'm not messing you around.

Cheers
    egads
    Sure bloke no problem.
    LesM
    gavinh
    Sure bloke no problem.
    LesM

Appreciate that thanks
    Ey oop!
    It's commendable you can do the fifo, I was doin it hard being away all weekdays and Saturday mornings on construction in the country!

I still have the bits, I think a half refurbed turbo not sure the model atm.
    I've got the USA ride height dampers and springs for awd, not xc but could be ok? They are brand new as are the front LCAs and various stuff.
    Intercooler too if it's worth the post to you.
    I had forgotten but knew someone was wanting gear!
    Stay Safe brother.
    L. SVxb6XRh.jpg

XXCtdBbh.jpg
    Hoqs2rrh.jpg

Yes
    Shame they didn't make it over here
    Looks like they go anywhere!
    Yeah the original XC
    Encouraging...
    gavinh
    Well another update. The missus was driving the kids to the beach the other day and on the way there she got rear ended.
    The driver of the other car and her swapped details and went on there ways.
    At first glance looked like the bumper had taken the bulk of the impact and had a decent couple of gouges taken out of it.
    Yesterday when I was having another look I noticed that the bumper has shifted about 6+mm forward and dropped about 8-10mm but most concerning the gap on the tailgate to body on the left was wider than the right hand side by another 3-4mm.
    The tail gate closes and opens with out any binding or rubbing and does everything else it should.
    It's going to the assessors on Friday but preparing for the obvious, knowing that the car at most will be 3-4k market value at a push.
    It's ashameif the car et written off, the car drives has no issues and the amount of money and time I have put in.
    NlD9kGXh.jpg
    O8cThKwh.jpg
    dXtlDkZh.jpg
    c0N7Bkbh.jpg
    Clips on bar just popped. Or busted. New bar new clips, fixed
    WOOHOO, insurence is fixing the car, new back bumper
    egadsRob
    @Ex850R are you still keen on selling the turb, rad, intercooler etc
    @Ex850R are you still keen on selling the turb, rad, intercooler etc

Sure Gav. No radiator though, pm me lad.
    Aye, will do
  • Love how these volvos cop battle scars and just keep on living. Awesome.

If u need another white v70xc my friend is selling his soon. Rear main seal done and in good working order.
    gavinh
    Love how these volvos cop battle scars and just keep on living. Awesome.

If u need another white v70xc my friend is selling his soon. Rear main seal done and in good working order.

Where?