2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

940 turbo

edited April 2018 in RWD
I have a 940 2.0L turbo with a manual 4 speed / overdrive. What is the best way to squeeze power out of it and or best way to upgrade??
«13456714

Comments

  • Which 2.0 is it? Upping to the 2.3 if it is an 8v will add some easy power.If you have the 16v 2.0 t I have much less of an idea as we didn't get it in Aus.
  • Its an import 2.0 t 16v.
  • vo940 wrote: »
    I have a 940 2.0L turbo with a manual 4 speed / overdrive. What is the best way to squeeze power out of it and or best way to upgrade??

    Need to know a few things before answering -

    What is your budget?
    What is your skill level?
    What is your desired objective?
    and
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    goodenoughGhettobird
  • Thanks for your reply. Do you think a 2.0 16v is worth upgrading?
  • vo940 wrote: »
    Its an import 2.0 t 16v.

    I have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with your name on it if you want to sell it... I've been lusting to own the factory 16v turbo for 15+ years now

    That said...
    The stock boost level of 6.5PSI is pretty low, the turbo and ECU are fine to go to 12PSI without any issues and the car will make a good 30KW+ more for just the small increase in boost

    Going above this level of power might start to kill the transmission...
    Is the trans 5 gears or 4 gears with a button to engage overdrive?
    bgpzfm142
  • vo940 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Do you think a 2.0 16v is worth upgrading?

    OMFG yes it is
    bgpzfm142kyrilegadsgoodenoughVee_Quecr80442
  • It's a 4 speed over drive. I don't know much about the car at the moment. I would prefer a 5 speed but it is what it is
  • You have a unicorn! Nice :-)
    goodenough
  • vo940 wrote: »
    It's a 4 speed over drive. I don't know much about the car at the moment. I would prefer a 5 speed but it is what it is

    So it has the button on the middle of the top of the shift nob?
  • Is there much difference between the 2.0 and 2.3 ltr when it comes to power
  • Thanks for that info on the turbo
  • vo940 wrote: »
    Is there much difference between the 2.0 and 2.3 ltr when it comes to power

    5% max... better to just turn up the boost with a bigger turbo
  • The head just flows that good.
    Vee_Que
  • vo940 wrote: »
    It's a 4 speed over drive. I don't know much about the car at the moment. I would prefer a 5 speed but it is what it is

    So it has the button on the middle of the top of the shift nob?

    Yes
  • You have a unicorn! Nice :-)

    Yeah I'm happy with it. Love Volvo wagons
  • vo940 wrote: »
    Its an import 2.0 t 16v.

    I have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with your name on it if you want to sell it... I've been lusting to own the factory 16v turbo for 15+ years now

    That said...
    The stock boost level of 6.5PSI is pretty low, the turbo and ECU are fine to go to 12PSI without any issues and the car will make a good 30KW+ more for just the small increase in boost

    Going above this level of power might start to kill the transmission...
    Is the trans 5 gears or 4 gears with a button to engage overdrive?

    Thanks for the tip mate I will let you know how I go
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Change the timing belts and remove the balancer shafts. Pictures of the engine bay please too
    bgpzfm142
  • Change the timing belts and remove the balancer shafts. Pictures of the engine bay please too

    I will upload pics tomorrow. Raining
  • nickmnicko (@nickm) Sydeneee --- home of the traffic jamb, over priced coffee, and the 2000 Olympics
    wagon too !
    Up the boost a little and be proud of such a rare car.
Sign In or Register to comment.